CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #1
Jordan D Gleason

Profile:
Reebok Nano Reviews??

I have had my fair share of reebok shoes and have never been impressed by them. The Nano 2.0 shoes look sweet and they are "supposed" to be the perfect shoe for CF. I will have to order online so I would like to get some opinions.
Do they hold up ?
Are they really what they are cracked up to be ?
Should I invest in a pair? If not what else should I look at?
Gal 2:20

Last edited by Jordan D Gleason; 10-07-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Old 10-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Jordan D Gleason

Profile:
Re: Reebok Nano Reviews??

Anyone ?
Gal 2:20
Old 10-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Kenneth Cheung

Profile:

sorry i can't comment on the nanos as i've not tried them (i can't get them out in Shanghai, Reebok, sort it out!)

however, I have used a pair of Nike Free 3.0 and a pair of Merrell Barefoot train flux glove .

the Nike's are a little soft but very comfortable and good for running, not 'solid' enough for lifting though.

the merrells are really good, they have no heel (so they are totally flat), very thin and wrap nicely around the foot so i really like them for lifting and general WOD work, but when it comes to running especially as I tend to land heel first they are a little too thin, so i wouldn't want to run for any length of time in them.

between the two i prefer the Merrell Barefoot train flux glove more.

anecdotally, the trainer i train with (Crossfit regional competitor Asia) loves her Nanos.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Ashley Kopps

Profile:

I have the nano's and wouldn't crossfit in anything else besides them! They are AWESOME! Super light weight - great for box jumps, sprinting, etc, and are flat on the bottom which is perfect for lifting. You gotta check them out!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
Jonathan Munoz

Profile:

I just got the nanos about 2 weeks ago, and they are really really good. I use to use free runs or running shoes, and the nanos feel much better all around.

I have a high arch and normally do 800m and mile runs with my running shoes, but my coach told me to try with the nanos and they feel good. No shin splints or anything. Also did some rope climbs and they held up really well.

I would say if your serious about crossfitting and looking for an all around shoe definitely go with the nano 2.0
Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 AM   #6
Allan Valdes

Profile:

I have never used the Nano 2.0 so i cant really comment on them.

I use Nike Free TR2 which are a training/running shoe and i have no complaints whatsoever. They are light, comfortable and tough. I used them from running to box jumps, olympic lifting, rope climbs etc. I would highly recommend them to anyone and decently priced compared to the Nanos. In fact just this weekend I was at the Nike Outlet and they had the same shoe I used just in a different color. For $49.99 I couldnt resist and grabbed a pair just to have a fresh pair if my current ones ever start breaking down.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #7
Dave Helber

Profile:

I've had mine for about a month now and like them better then the Inov8's. The nano 2 feels a little heavier then the Inov8 but has a more stable feel on the bottom when doing any lifts. So far I would buy another pair of nano 2's.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
Sean Cummings

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Munoz View Post
I just got the nanos about 2 weeks ago, and they are really really good. I use to use free runs or running shoes, and the nanos feel much better all around.

I have a high arch and normally do 800m and mile runs with my running shoes, but my coach told me to try with the nanos and they feel good. No shin splints or anything. Also did some rope climbs and they held up really well.

I would say if your serious about crossfitting and looking for an all around shoe definitely go with the nano 2.0

Hey Jonathan-
How did your sizing of the RBK nanos compare to the Nike frees?
Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #9
Rebecca Roth

Profile:

We did a large group order at my gym, a few people really love them, most are not fans. Personally, just for regular wear, with good socks, the top at the back is too hard or not padded enough and has completely rubbed raw above my heel.
Otherwise they seem like they would be a pretty good shoe for all around use, light weight, flat but not overly thick/squishy soles, good movement in general - however, found them to be terrible for running anything more than short distances, the whole toe box area gets uncomfortable after only about a mile for me.

I had planned to replace my very worn Merrill's with these, unfortunately they aren't going to be useable as a workout shoe for me.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #10
Jonathan Munoz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Cummings View Post
Hey Jonathan-
How did your sizing of the RBK nanos compare to the Nike frees?
I went a half size smaller for the nanos and they fit perfect