CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 01-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #1
Harry O'Hanley

Profile:
Hey everyone-
I am a long time crossfitter, but am new to the discussion board. Over the last few years, I have been working to integrate Crossfit workouts into a training program geard towards excelling in a military special operations program. I have had success, however, I am not sure that I am training as efficiently as possible. Currently, I am enrolled in college, so I have roughly four years before I hope to peak. I am wondering if anyone who has integrated Crossfit WOD's into their training could offer some insight. Mainly I am interested in the number of WOD's people have completed per week and how they fit in other workouts (i.e. calisthenics, mid distance running (5-13 miles), swimming). I have developed a program and am interested with bouncing various ideas around. Thanks very much and sorry for such a long posting.

Harry
Old 01-31-2007, 06:37 PM   #2
Kenneth R Davis

Profile:
Harry,
This article gave me a new take on working out. "The Warm up is the workout" Depending on the CrossFit WOD, (< 20 min) I use it as the warm up for the rest of my work out.

I workout every day. I do the WOD posted then move on to running, what I use to do before I discoverd CrossFit, or skills training. After reading the attached article, I've assigned myself the goal of 20 dead hang pullups and 3 muscle ups. I work on these everyday.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=7D52A545DAB4DB86EE775B178681717A.hydra ?id=1064736