CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #1
Nicholas Hahn

Profile:
Korea/Yongsan

I might be having to spend a year at Yongsan/Bundang in Seoul, Korea. So,

1) Are there any CrossFitters in Korea?

2) If there are any in Yongsan or Seoul, do you know if I can get a place on base or in Seoul to put my equipment.

I have a full set of bumper plates, squat rack, rings, rower and a few other necessary items.

If you have any information, please let me know. I want to divest myself of the bumper plates and squat rack if I can't find a place/someone to use them.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Michael Bell

Profile:
Re: Korea/Yongsan

Hi Nick

I'll be traveling to Seoul, South Korea as well starting in late June. I don't know which dong I'll be living in yet, but it might be Daechi. I'll be teaching English there for at least a year.

When are you leaving?

Mike
M/24/165
Old 04-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
Nicholas Hahn

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bell View Post
Hi Nick

I'll be traveling to Seoul, South Korea as well starting in late June. I don't know which dong I'll be living in yet, but it might be Daechi. I'll be teaching English there for at least a year.

When are you leaving?

Mike
M/24/165
Thanks for the reply, Michael.

It won't be until next year if at all. I'm not sure how long you will be staying there, but I'll definitely drop you an email if I go. When I was there last time, I couldn't find any CF-friendly gyms out there. If I were you, I'd plan on brining some equipment. KB, rings, and slamball at minimum. If you have to, dump some clothes and pack some equipment instead. You can always get some clothes tailor made at Dongdaemun market for cheap.

I'd like to find a CF community out there. I hope you enjoy Korea. I did, but all night soju tents ad karaoke rooms are too much for the average man. If you find any CrossFitters out there let me know. I thought there might be more, given the heavy military presence on the Peninsula ...

My brother is out there teaching English right now. I've never been to Daechi, but I prefer Seoul over the more rural areas.

Best regards.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 PM   #4
Thomas Matzke

Profile:

Hey i am a Crossfitter at Osan we a lvl 1 guy here but hes only here for another month still plan on doing the wods and working on skills after he leaves. We come up to Seoul area on the weekends to workout with the Braziallian jujitsu class. My email address here is Thomas.Matzke@osan.af.mil hope to hear from you guys soon. peace
Old 07-09-2008, 06:45 AM   #5
Shane Finison

Profile:

Nicholas,

Are you here yet? Did you bring your equipment? I hope so.

I just arrived to Yongsan and have found all the gyms to be very "Globo". The elementary school gym has the only real pull-up bar I seen yet. Very little room (because of machines) or appropriate equipment for Crossfit. I've been creative but have not been able to do all WODs or warm-up as Rx.

Email me if you get this: finisonds@yahoo.com

Thomas, are you still coming up on the weekends?

Shane
Old 07-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
Thomas Matzke

Profile:

Hey shane no we kind of stopped heading up to yongsan on the weekends are level 1 trainer headed back to the states but we are still getting together down at Osan on the week days at about 7pm and we get to gether to run a 5k every saturday morning then do some crossfit afterwards.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #7
Mark Lehmkuhl

Profile:

Nick:

I have a client that just arrived there and wants to continue his crossfit regimen.

E-mail me and I will send you his information

mark@alabamacrossfit.com

Mark
Old 11-19-2008, 05:22 AM   #8
Michael D. Perkins

Profile:

Never fear, CrazyWife CrossFit is heading to Yongsan in JAN 09. We finally have orders so we are going to schedule transportation to pack us out (no furniture, just our bed and our bars, bumpers, dumbbells, med balls, etc...). Looking forward to finding a place to get people together for some great CrossFit action. We are also bringing as many CF Certifications as we could fit in our schedule, Level I, Nutrition, Running and Endurance, Barbell and Gymnastics. Only one we couldn't pull off is the Olympic Lifting cert but the rest of those should keep us busy until we can schedule some CrossFit mid-tour leave.
Just to recap, CrazyWife CrossFit is coming to Yongsan and we will be there for at least two years (hopefully three). There will be a CrossFit friendly gym there if I have to pay for it all myself. Call it "Operation 'Gee the Army sure is dumb Sometimes"...
Check us out at www.crazywifecrossfit.com. (wfs)
42/M/75"/230lb | DL: 375 | 21k run in VFFs 2:16:54 | Fran: 9:22 | www.crazywifecrossfit.com (w/fs)
Old 01-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
Jhaysonn Pathak

Profile:

hey! I've been living in Daejeon since October and just for advice, if you can't find a good place that is satisfactory, try going up to the mountaiins =)

Seriously, they have entire gyms up there with pull-up bars, sit-up tables, punching trees wrapped in cushion or just punching trees. I found one near my house that someone walked a thin barbell up with. It's too cold in the winter but... a little creativity brings out the crossfit mascot when it's warmer. =)

But! be warned, when the air thins up higher you can feel like you're gonna die sometimes. I'm from FL so I'm not used to elevation of any kind.

What exactly is a crossfit certification? And why are you bringing them? THANKS
Old 01-17-2009, 12:48 PM   #10
Nicholas Hahn

Profile:

I never thought I'd see so many replies. Unfortunately, my plans have changed and I will be going to Iraq instead. Oh well. Too bad I can't make it out there. I still might be over there at the end of the year for language training.

Thanks for the replies, though.