CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-21-2004, 10:09 AM   #1
Keith

Profile:

I currrently follow the athlete's zone recommendation with 40g each of protein, carbs and fat per meal for each of 5 meals. I'm currently 234lbs at 8% bodyfat (I'm 6'3" tall). I'm still losing fat at around 1 1/2 lbs a week and intend to continue doing so until I reach 6% bodyfat. I'd then like to add some mass to balance my physique, particularly to my arms and delts.
What does everyone recommend for mass gain?
More of the zone? I think it will be difficult to remain within zone parameters (huge fat intake not withstanding)
Berardi's massive eating? Probably the route I'll need to take.
The health benefits and fat loss I've achieved on the zone have been amazing and it's a diet that I'd like to remain on for life. I just can't see me maintaining zone parameters and gaining mass.
Any thoughts?

Keith