CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-24-2007, 08:28 PM   #1
Danny Spafford

Profile:
N.O. Xplode?

I have just started my latest cycle of creatine with the popular NO Xplode. I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with the product or if anyone could just chime in with results or observations of the product...

thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 08:43 PM   #2
Alexander Aldrich

Profile:
Re: N.O. Xplode?

Eh, always made me feel like I was going to puke, but in this really weird way where I didn’t feel sick at all or nauseated or anything like that... just had this pressure in my stomach and it felt like if I were to puke it would go away.

Oh yeah, it did absolutely nothing for my energy level when lifting, just that weird feeling in my stomach.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 AM   #3
Randy Tarasevich

Profile:

it sucks bad.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:05 AM   #4
Dan Heaney

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Spafford View Post
I have just started my latest cycle of creatine with the popular NO Xplode. I was wondering if anyone has had any first hand experience with the product or if anyone could just chime in with results or observations of the product...

thanks

Why would wait till after you started taking it to ask this question? I think you just wasted some cash! It didn't do anything for me. NO supplements are a scam.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:40 AM   #5
Gene Chun

Profile:

Danny,
I followed the instruction to a tee - and it works for me. I eat when I get to work in the morning, finish eating a decent snack by 10 AM and then take NO XPlode at 12 noon, go to the gym at 12:30. Wow, what a rush. It takes me 5 minutes to walk to the gym from where I walk, and I'm practically skipping my way there with the energy and enthusiasm that I've got. It lasts about 1 - 1.5 hours and I exterience no crash afterwards. I take a serving of CellMass right after my workout then walk back to work and then have lunch. It's been working for me very well. I love those BSN products, but their protien power has a wierd taste that's hard to swallow. I like Muscle Milk for protein (and fat).
Old 09-25-2007, 03:07 PM   #6
Ryan Jones

Profile:

I tried it for a cycle once. I would feel a surge of energy and optimism immediately after drinking it but it would only last for a few minutes. There was no other noticeable effect for me.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:19 PM   #7
Ryan Blake

Profile:

Your results may differ but I thought it was a rip off. I think my energy levels were in direct proportion to the amount I spent on supplements while in school, meaning that by paying a ton I think I just worked harder to justify the money. Now I dont take anything other than protein on days where I dont think I got enough eating and I use the extra cash for new gear or whatever else I need. I dont even take multi-vitamins anymore and the more I read on this board the more I learn how to tweak my diet in the old fashioned way-good food.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:29 PM   #8
Danny Spafford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Chun View Post
Danny,
I followed the instruction to a tee - and it works for me. I eat when I get to work in the morning, finish eating a decent snack by 10 AM and then take NO XPlode at 12 noon, go to the gym at 12:30. Wow, what a rush. It takes me 5 minutes to walk to the gym from where I walk, and I'm practically skipping my way there with the energy and enthusiasm that I've got. It lasts about 1 - 1.5 hours and I exterience no crash afterwards. I take a serving of CellMass right after my workout then walk back to work and then have lunch. It's been working for me very well. I love those BSN products, but their protien power has a wierd taste that's hard to swallow. I like Muscle Milk for protein (and fat).
yeah i got some free samples of what is their protein called, syntha something, and it tasted like crap...

thanks for the advice and i'll post back my review of it in a month or so
Old 09-25-2007, 07:23 PM   #9
Spencer Provow

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Aldrich View Post
Eh, always made me feel like I was going to puke, but in this really weird way where I didnít feel sick at all or nauseated or anything like that... just had this pressure in my stomach and it felt like if I were to puke it would go away.

Oh yeah, it did absolutely nothing for my energy level when lifting, just that weird feeling in my stomach.
glad to know that it wasn't just me feeling that way on that stuff
Old 09-26-2007, 10:04 AM   #10
Joe Shininger

Profile:

It made my eyes turn red and made me super-aggressive. I distinctly remember being in the gym and thinking that the person I was looking at needed to work on his bench press form a little, and that if he didn't fix it in the next 5 seconds I would cave his skull in.

Yeah, I pretty much went home and flushed it down the toilet. Not a fan.