CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 09-22-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
Patrik Van Pée

Profile:
OHS, push press and push jerk, deadlift

the vids are all on facebook but everyone with an account should be able to see them. If that is a problem i will post them on youtube...

ALL LINKS WFS!

OHS: yeah i know, i know the mirror. next time i'll try to tape a towel cez i realy felt it screw with my balance.
but i still would like to know what else is wrong with it. at my cert the ohs was the exercise i was most corrected...
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1191599520720

did you see the joke my cameraman editted in at the end

push press & push jerk:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1195755584619

deadlift:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1196587285411

all PRs

thx!

Last edited by Patrik Van Pée; 09-22-2009 at 01:40 PM.. Reason: forgot the WFS again...
Old 09-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #2
Patrik Van Pée

Profile:
Re: OHS, push press and push jerk, deadlift

is it because the vids are on facebook that there are no comments or because there is a lot wrong with my technique??

Old 09-24-2009, 05:25 AM   #3
Eric S. Jensen

Profile:

well I'm no expert so I won't comment on your lifts. But what are those things covering your hands in the dead lift vid. Jk kidding bro
Old 09-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
Anthony Rubino

Profile:

I thought the lifts looked good overall. Couple of comments;

Watch the bar path on the push press. You seem to push the bar slightly forward and then bring it back into position. Focus on getting your head out of the way and pushing the bar straight up.

The bar path on the push jerk looks good and you are fast getting under the bar. I think your hip is a little muted, but I'm not positive since I could not veiw the video frame by frame.

Dead lift looks solid. Think about squeezing the bar off the ground, you have a slight jerk. Squeeze the slack out of the plates before you start your pull.

I think FB may have detered some comments. I was prompted to login when viewing the vids.

Tony
Old 09-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
Patrik Van Pée

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric S. Jensen View Post
well I'm no expert so I won't comment on your lifts. But what are those things covering your hands in the dead lift vid. Jk kidding bro
I knew those gloves wher going to bite me in the @ss BUT i ripped my hand on pullups 2-3 days before so that make it mark rippetoe legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Rubino View Post
I thought the lifts looked good overall. Couple of comments;

Watch the bar path on the push press. You seem to push the bar slightly forward and then bring it back into position. Focus on getting your head out of the way and pushing the bar straight up.

The bar path on the push jerk looks good and you are fast getting under the bar. I think your hip is a little muted, but I'm not positive since I could not veiw the video frame by frame.

Dead lift looks solid. Think about squeezing the bar off the ground, you have a slight jerk. Squeeze the slack out of the plates before you start your pull.

I think FB may have detered some comments. I was prompted to login when viewing the vids.

Tony
thank you for the effort and the comment. i will keep them in mind.
Maybe i should youtube them...