CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Edgar Gomez

Profile:
late bloomer (but not that late) and thanks.

Hello everyone, founding members and "CrossFitters"

I just wanted to say thank you for this website, since I have found this sometime back 3 years ago, It has given me my life inspiration...the information contained here are an invaluable tool, practical functional fitness is what Ive been looking for and it fits my mentality and personality, 3 years ago I decided to move to a city that has a CrossFit facility to follow my health and fitness goals, I made the jump September 2007, moved here to Melbourne from NZ, Ive been busy focusing on other things the previous year, but upon reading more info...Ive decided to try the SS by Rip, and read up on the SS wiki, Its takin me all of my life to figure out how to get stronger and gain mass, I have been deluded in my training regimen all this time...

Ive also decided to go Pleo. for my New years resolution, although I still have half a loaf of bread in my fridge (wholemeal) its a waste to throw it away, but after that, no more bread!

Im going to take SS for as long as possible, then do CrossFit, but I will do it on AUgust of this year, I have to get stronger first and gain muscle mass (its my goal)

My long term goal is to do a perfect handstand at 50 years of age for at least 10 seconds...at the moment I just keep falling over, Ive been practicing on the wall....I would like to one day teach this kind of practical fitness to other people, and that day is comming soon...I study part time to be a "personal trainer" which I will complete in July. To open peoples mind and expose them to this kind of training and its health effects is my dream.

Im m, 28, 72 kg, 5'11....

my starting SS stats.
Squat 55 kg
Press 32.5 kg
Bench 35 kg
Deadlift 75 kg.
chin ups 6,5,5
pull ups 4,5,4

the best is still to come....thank you for the motivation
Old 01-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Brian Bedell

Profile:
Re: late bloomer (but not that late) and thanks.

Welcome to CF, but you haven't started yet?