CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 09-08-2004, 05:59 PM   #1
Nick Martinez

Profile:
Hey guys, I am tired of always skipping the WODs like this. Can anyone please tell me:

a) a ballpark figure for how many steps of walking lunges is for 150 ft? Also is the walking lunge done without added extra weight?

b) How many Pull-ups would be a good substitute for 3 rope climb trips. Should I consider doing towels pullups (never tried 'em before)? If yes, how ,many towel pullups?

All answers would be greatly appreciated. This WOD looks killer and I really wanna do it. Thx.

Nick
Old 09-08-2004, 06:54 PM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Nick: The rope-climb substitution has already been discussed in the comments for that day. Rough consensus seems to be 10 towel pullups as the minimum requirement to substitute for ONE rope climb . . . so we need 30 per round for the 3 climbs.

150 feet = 50 yards = 1/2 an American football field. You can try to guess at that, or:

Estimate / measure your average step forward for each lunge (for me, about 30 inches, but I'm kinda short, with even shorter legs . . . I imagine your average male CrossFitter would be closer to 36 inches). 30 inches = 2-1/2 feet, so I need to do 60 steps for each set of 150 feet . . . or 30 steps out, 30 steps back. YMMV (in this case, literally).

Dave