CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 11-06-2010, 07:58 AM   #1081
Brad Redinger

Profile:
Re: ACL Reconstruction Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Darden View Post
Thanks! I hear ya though, I am taking the weekend off.
Sounds like it's well deserved man. Glad to hear things are going so well. Your flex is beyond me already. I'm at about 120-125 depending on when I get measured (before, during, after exercise). It's functional for me but I would like to get a little more. My understanding is that for some people it comes back fast and others it just takes time.

Keep up the good work.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #1082
Hitesh Mulani

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane Jones View Post
Cellulitis?
My knee area is not swollen, I just have these pea sized bumps/boils on my quads and shins, inner and outer thighs
only on my right leg ( injured leg).
I have been given a antibiotics by my pcp.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #1083
Hitesh Mulani

Profile:

Quote:
It is very important that you get it looked at ASAP, you do not want to get an infection. I got an infection after my surgery in 2001 and everything had to be removed. This was with a synthetic ACL procedure though.
where was your infection? around my knee everything seems fine.
I am now on antibiotics and doctor said it probably is staph but she popped one and sent it in to get it tested. I really hope it is not serious to the point of another procedure. I am 7 weeks out now , and all my incisions are healed.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:37 AM   #1084
Rob Darden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh Mulani View Post
where was your infection? around my knee everything seems fine.
I am now on antibiotics and doctor said it probably is staph but she popped one and sent it in to get it tested. I really hope it is not serious to the point of another procedure. I am 7 weeks out now , and all my incisions are healed.
They really couldn't tell me where it came from, once the infection set in I was in the worst pain and my knee completely swelled up. They told me it was either from one of the incisions or my body rejecting the synthetic graft. After having it removed it had messed my knee up pretty good to where I never went to get it fixed cause I just couldn't take another surgery. This is why I just had bilateral surgery, I tore my other ACL this year and decided to finally get it fixed nearly 10 years later. Hopefully everything clears up you and it's not to serious.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #1085
Hitesh Mulani

Profile:

Quote:
They really couldn't tell me where it came from, once the infection set in I was in the worst pain and my knee completely swelled up. They told me it was either from one of the incisions or my body rejecting the synthetic graft. After having it removed it had messed my knee up pretty good to where I never went to get it fixed cause I just couldn't take another surgery. This is why I just had bilateral surgery, I tore my other ACL this year and decided to finally get it fixed nearly 10 years later. Hopefully everything clears up you and it's not to serious.
that sounds rough, i have no swelling in my knee and no pain so hopefully that is a good sign. Lets hope it all clears up.
How is your knee doing now?
Old 11-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #1086
Rob Darden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitesh Mulani View Post
that sounds rough, i have no swelling in my knee and no pain so hopefully that is a good sign. Lets hope it all clears up.
How is your knee doing now?
So far so good. I am just over 2 weeks post op. Flexion is 125 left leg, 124 right leg. walking with no assistance and riding an exercise bike a lot. Just working at it one day at a time.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #1087
Jared Walkowitz

Profile:

I have had a whirlwind recovery. ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair on April 1st and then another surgery to clean out the scar tissue on September 16th. I ran for the first time last week and it felt damn good.

Now my question...how long after you started running did you get to an all out sprint? I know I am not being patient, but I want to know. My doctor said I can start playing sports, but to take it easy. I want to hear your experience.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:10 AM   #1088
Brad Redinger

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Walkowitz View Post
I have had a whirlwind recovery. ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair on April 1st and then another surgery to clean out the scar tissue on September 16th. I ran for the first time last week and it felt damn good.

Now my question...how long after you started running did you get to an all out sprint? I know I am not being patient, but I want to know. My doctor said I can start playing sports, but to take it easy. I want to hear your experience.
All out sprints took about three weeks or so until I was comfortable to go at that speed. I was running around 8 weeks, so around week 10-11 until I was sprinting.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #1089
Jeffrey Liu

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Redinger View Post
All out sprints took about three weeks or so until I was comfortable to go at that speed. I was running around 8 weeks, so around week 10-11 until I was sprinting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Walkowitz

I don't remember what week it was that I started sprinting, but what I do know is that the going fast part isn't the hard one...it's the STOPPING after sprinting that's tougher...I'm still tentative on the stopping on a dime thing...
Old 11-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #1090
Jared Walkowitz

Profile:

I did some jumping and shuffling today at PT. It's weird when I start tentative and then realize I can do it.

I have been very patient through this process, but I am losing my patience quickly. Not saying I will start playing soccer tomorrow, but I am constantly looking forward about what I will be able to do soon.

I didn't think I would get better at one point and almost accepted it as fact. That second surgery happened because of a tip I got on this message board a while ago. They said that only YOU know if something is right or wrong. If something feels off, it probably is. I had my doctor and my PT telling me to be patient. I pretty much convinced my surgeon that something was wrong and after my MRI, it turned out that there was definitely something wrong; I had a lot of scar tissue built up. Now things seem to be getting better.

get that ROM quickly! It will hurt, but do it.