CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 06-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #1
Chris Santilllo

Profile:
Elbow injury

Ughh so frustrating!!!! Just finished like my first month of crossfit. One month to the day I joined well I injure my damn elbow. Played basketball two days ago on a "rest day" well me and a freind were chasing a ball down he tripped me I fell with my elbow locked out and well kinda went the other way and then "pop" I hear that from my elbow. Well despite pretty much the most pain I ever had... I knew I was screwed. I ended up fracturing my elbow as well as pretty good possibilty of a tear (going friday for MRI). Not too mention a sprained left wrist trying to catch my fall. So I got my right arm in a sling and left wrist in a brace. Im completely down for at LEAST two weeks (doc doesnt even want me typin on a comp... but thats kinda ridcioulous in my opinion). Im hopin within two weeks I can start doing some WOD....but just subbing it for lower body work for the time being. Any suggestions for excersises besides squats??? Sit up may be a lil too difficult with an arm in a sling...This totally sucks, just as Im really starting to get in good shape and kick *** in crossfit....this happens. Total bummer.
Old 06-03-2009, 09:00 AM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Elbow injury

Depends on how bad it is what you can do... If you need surgery then obviously you don't wanna mess with it too much.

Pretty much work on your weaknesses (legs, maybe core, flexibility, etc.), get your diet fixed up, etc.

Find a couple hobbies?
Old 06-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Chris Santilllo

Profile:

Lol like what kind of hobbies??? Most of my hobbies consist of physical activity, dirtbiking, basketball, surfing, hiking (I guess I can do that) crossfit, krav maga. Haha I can still play video games but still....I can only do that for a couple hours. I really really really really hope I dont need surgery. My god will that ruin everything. Its gonna suck me down the hole Ive been trying to get out of the last year or so. Of being a lazy pile stoner...but now with a prescription to pain killers as well. This injury better not last more than a month...Im getting worried just thinking about it. I cant imaigine me not falling into this hole/pattern again if I cant be active for 2+months. As far as the diet ya Im gonna try. But the problem Is I cant really cook anything. Im completely gimped lol.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #4
Steven Low

Profile:

Read more? Crossword puzzles?

If you plan your own programming for example it may be a good idea to read up on whatever you're doing
Old 06-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
Chris Santilllo

Profile:

Ya Ill do whatever I can to make it as productive as possible. Sucks cause Im a carpenter so Im out of work too. Oh well life goes on, much worse things in life that can happen to me.