CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
Frank M Needham

Profile:
I've always had a pretty good diet. Never was much for sweets, junk foods, etc. Mainly coz my system just can't deal. The sugar in most foods literally comes out of my skin (also known as acne).

But I probably over compensate by eating carbs. Love bread, especially the stuff that is being called "artisan" nowadays. This leads to an observation on my being in a nasty mood yesterday for no apparent reason. I worked out earlier in the day according to my ability right now (some paralletes, pull-ups, push-ups, tabata w/ 15# digging bar). I then ate two small loaves of some excellent bread without thinking much about it over the next couple hours.

Then, as I said, I found myself in a nasty mood and began to think about it a bit. To me, the connection between the mood, eating, and the workout really was startling. Anyone else relate?
Old 06-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Nick Cummings

Profile:

I tend to get somewhat lazy and moody when I don't workout, at least I like to think its because I don't workout. ;)
Old 06-25-2006, 04:01 PM   #3
Greg Battaglia

Profile:
Sounds like hypoglycemia to me. Possibly a nutrient deficiency too. Get that damn bread outta your diet and eat more paleo foods. If you still have this problem come back and post again and we should be able to help you fine tune your nutiritonal plan.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:51 PM   #4
Nikki Young

Profile:
I agree with Greg, get the bread out of the diet, start eating paleo based foods. When i eat grains i get very moody, but i only realised when i eliminated them from my diet and then brought them back in. Also, eating paleo based foods will ultimatly reduce your intake of sugars, and reduce if not clear up your acne totally. For an awesome read and more info check out:
http://www.dietaryacnecure.com/
Old 06-25-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
Frank M Needham

Profile:
I somewhat agree with you Greg, though I've never been diagnosed hypoglycemic. Just had my 2 yr physical. All the blood tests and other not so pleasant stuff. I'm looking into the paleo diet. That is something I'd not heard of before.

Nikki-I learned a long time ago through experimentation that sugar(s) where/are the cause of skin problems. I stay away from them and therefore don't have much of a prob anymore unless I grab something by mistake.

I'm very glad to have found this site. Lots of knowledgeable and interesting folks here. Very nice indeed.