CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 07-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
Daniel Frankel

Profile:
2001: A Space Odyssey help for school project?

Yes, this may kind of random, but I needed some help from people that have seen the movie, and I would hope that a lot of people on this board have.

I'm doing an accelerated English course over the summer, and we were given a final project on a film of our choosing of those on a list(due in 3 weeks, but different parts to it, one of which is in a couple days). I watched, and then chose 2001: A Space Odyssey. I thought it was unbelievably amazing, and that it was a very deep movie.

Anywho, right now, I am supposed to be writing notes on script and acting, just in bullet points, and am stuck because I am unable to think of any examples. Questions are below. Any and all help is super appreciated, and I really hope this works. Total win if it does.

1. Storyline/Characters
a) Three impressive aspects of the storyline or characters
b) Back up each aspect with three examples from the film
Right now, I was suggested Evolution, and Rebirth, and am missing a third, but only have one example for each (evolution = from monkeys to humans to extraterrestrial beings, etc., and rebirth = David turning into a star child, although maybe HAL right before he is permanently disconnected, is reset "I am a...fraid. Hello, I am the HAL 9000 Computer [...])

2.Acting
a) For the three best actors in your film, describe 3 things that were good about their performance
b) Back up each thing with 3 examples from the film
This is kind of broad, I will be watching the movie again, probably on Monday in order to study the actors and their performances.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Sean Rhind

Profile:
Re: 2001: A Space Odyssey help for school project?

People don't read books in English class anymore? Its based of an Arthur C. Clarke short story.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:49 PM   #3
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

I was surprised too, but its part of a unit on film. I would have preferred the novel though :/
Old 07-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
S.S.

Profile:

You're asking us to do your homework?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

All I need is a pointer in the right direction :P
I figured, hey, we have a friendly message board, who knows, maybe someone on here is a movie buff or something.

But I literally just copy and pasted the questions word for word. I dont have any intention of making others do it for me...I prefer to work hard for my marks

Going to watch it again tonight, Im sure ill ntoice lots of things I didnt last time.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
Matthew Swartz

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Frankel View Post
All I need is a pointer in the right direction :P
I figured, hey, we have a friendly message board, who knows, maybe someone on here is a movie buff or something.

But I literally just copy and pasted the questions word for word. I dont have any intention of making others do it for me...I prefer to work hard for my marks

Going to watch it again tonight, Im sure ill ntoice lots of things I didnt last time.
How you stayed awake the first time is a mystery to me. My advice: do what it takes to get an A, but don't take an English assignment based on a film too seriously in life.

Read film reviews.. they're going to be more helpful than meat heads on a workout forum.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:35 PM   #7
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

Hahaha alright. And thats exsctly why i asked here, im not taking it too serioudly at all :P