CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #51
Nadav Moore

Profile:
Re: Renegade Diet

got ya. thanks very much.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:13 AM   #52
Paulo Santos

Profile:

I think I forgot to mention this before. For anyone that plans on tracking calories, you should only have to do this for a week or two (or however long it takes for you to learn how to gestinate), so you get an idea on how much you should be eating on your training and rest days. But if you want to be as accurate as you can, you can keep tracking your calories for as long as you want.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #53
Craig Horstman

Profile:

so far so good. around 3 weeks and i've dropped weight (which i didn't necessarily want to do), but i've settled in at around 170. now to maintain it, see if i start gaining, and adjust from there.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #54
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Horstman View Post
so far so good. around 3 weeks and i've dropped weight (which i didn't necessarily want to do), but i've settled in at around 170. now to maintain it, see if i start gaining, and adjust from there.
Did you drop any Body Fat? Jason recommends getting under 15% bodyfat before trying to bulk up because if you are under 15% BF, it is harder to get fat when you bulk.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #55
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Finally feel like I'm getting on track.

Got some avocados, olive oil and pesto to make my first meal a little more fatty. No more NBA or NHL so I have no excuse to stay up late for the next two months at least and can get adequate rest along with my AM workout. Stocked up on BCAA and Results. Looking forward to buckling down and really seeing what I can accomplish.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #56
Justin McCloud

Profile:

I've been Fasting in the morning for the past week or so. It has gone okay, as I've been primarily working out at 4PM (which gives me a chance to have lunch at 1130-12). However, today I went to the 12:30 class and ate a light lunch at 11 - it was 100%, hands down the worst WOD since beginning Crossfit.

We did 7x2 of snatch grip deadlift - I worked up to 255. It was the first time I've ever done these, so this seams decent. Also wasn't too difficult - didn't seem to fatigue much.

WOD was:

1 min max effort T2B
4 min AMRAP - 7 hang snatches @ 115, 14 HSPU, 21 Double Unders
1 min max effort T2B
1 min max effort T2B

Overall, 11 straight minutes of work. I performed miserably. 1st AMRAP I had real difficulty with the hang snatches, COULD NOT do the HSPU (had to scale), and was winded during DU's. 2nd AMRAP the snatches were even more difficult, HSPU got back to normal and I did 12 unbroken followed by 2, and double unders were tough. Overall, I barely got 1 rotation 1st round and got 1.5 the 2nd round.

I feel that a week ago I could have done this WOD much better. It's a Tuesday, I worked out yesterday but had 2 straight rest days on the weekend. The only area I can point to is my diet - why was I so weak today? The owner of my box is not a believer in IF and fully believes that hurt me (as I hadn't really had anything to eat prior to WOD since the night before).

I've been trying to follow the Renegade method for a week and a half, but after today I am doubting this program for me. Thoughts?
Old 06-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #57
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McCloud View Post
today I went to the 12:30 class and ate a light lunch at 11
I think you answered your own question.

I workout around 6 and by then I've had two large meals at 12 and 4. My second containing around 75g of carbs, I always feel fine.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #58
Justin McCloud

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
I think you answered your own question.

I workout around 6 and by then I've had two large meals at 12 and 4. My second containing around 75g of carbs, I always feel fine.
If you were working out at 12:30 would you eat nothing prior that morning?
Old 06-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #59
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

Quote:
If you were working out at 12:30 would you eat nothing prior that morning?
I personally wouldn't work out that early because I'd want to have plenty of food in me. If I had to, I'd eat as early as possible and make it a pretty big meal so I'd have energy.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #60
Paulo Santos

Profile:

Quote:
I've been Fasting in the morning for the past week or so. It has gone okay, as I've been primarily working out at 4PM (which gives me a chance to have lunch at 1130-12). However, today I went to the 12:30 class and ate a light lunch at 11 - it was 100%, hands down the worst WOD since beginning Crossfit.

We did 7x2 of snatch grip deadlift - I worked up to 255. It was the first time I've ever done these, so this seams decent. Also wasn't too difficult - didn't seem to fatigue much.

WOD was:

1 min max effort T2B
1 min max effort T2B
1 min max effort T2B

Overall, 11 straight minutes of work. I performed miserably. 1st AMRAP I had real difficulty with the hang snatches, COULD NOT do the HSPU (had to scale), and was winded during DU's. 2nd AMRAP the snatches were even more difficult, HSPU got back to normal and I did 12 unbroken followed by 2, and double unders were tough. Overall, I barely got 1 rotation 1st round and got 1.5 the 2nd round.

I feel that a week ago I could have done this WOD much better. It's a Tuesday, I worked out yesterday but had 2 straight rest days on the weekend. The only area I can point to is my diet - why was I so weak today? The owner of my box is not a believer in IF and fully believes that hurt me (as I hadn't really had anything to eat prior to WOD since the night before).

I've been trying to follow the Renegade method for a week and a half, but after today I am doubting this program for me. Thoughts?
I've only worked out at 8AM and at 4PM and I have no problem at all. How do you feel when you workout at 4PM? Either way, you shouldn't be feeling like that at all. DO you have anything before you workout at 4?