CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #11
Chris Mason

Profile:
Re: Eating for strength Vs Eating for size

Ben,

Absolute load and how close one is to one's potential plays a part if nothing else from a structural perspective, but with that said, even less advanced athletes generally speaking can realize overuse injuries with excess repetition of any one movement. How much varies individually. Of course, for multiple reasons repeating the same movement over and over when speaking about non-skill intensive lifts (O-lifts are skill intensive) is NOT the best way to get strong fast, so there is no compelling reason to do it.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:51 AM   #12
Ben Norris

Profile:
Re: Eating for strength Vs Eating for size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
Ben,

Absolute load and how close one is to one's potential plays a part if nothing else from a structural perspective, but with that said, even less advanced athletes generally speaking can realize overuse injuries with excess repetition of any one movement. How much varies individually. Of course, for multiple reasons repeating the same movement over and over when speaking about non-skill intensive lifts (O-lifts are skill intensive) is NOT the best way to get strong fast, so there is no compelling reason to do it.
Cheers Chris, to get an overuse injury would you not have to do ALOT of reps for this to happen? I was doing over 100 pullups a day for 6 months and managed to avoid one. Dont ask me how, I am so lucky looking back on it!

When I finish my Smolov Cycle, just going to do base, I will more than likely be hitting up C4A, as I want my strength numbers to keep going up while adding in some conditioning for the open.

Sorry for the Hijack everybody, just wanted to expand my knowledge