CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
Mike Porter

Profile:
FeedBack on 2010 Games

First I want to say that I loved the 2010 games! Great job to Dave C. and all the rest for putting on a terrific event. I was just a spectator, so my views may be different than those of a competitor.

The WODs were very well programmed and extremely well run!

However there are a few points that could have been improved upon to make it even better.

First, next year PLEASE negotiate an "In and Out" parking pass with Home Depot Center so we can come and go a little more freely(without paying $15 each time). Its a long day from 8Am till 9PM or longer and being 'stuck' all day at the Center can be a drag.

Secondly, I would suggest a published schedule of event times. Now, I am NOT suggesting publishing the WODs, but rather the Events like "Affiliate Teams Event 2 Friday at 3PM". I believe that announcing the event times only a few hours in advance does NOT make the spectacle and the sport any better. All it does is make peoples day harder. I know that there are those whom may say that "Making the day hard" is the "Idea" but the athletes all were stashed away under tents. Its the spectators, families, and friends that this lack of schedule "made harder" on the most... IMHO.

Keeping the WOD secret does make a better event, witness the final mens competition(rope anybody). But publishing a time for said event so people can plan on when to be there does not make it better. I know the stands would have been fuller if people would have known what time to be there for certain events to watch... vs "be there all day"

Just my two cents... again great event!