CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 07-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
Shane Skowron

Profile:
Re: Was Mikko Hurt

Well if you spent a year training to defend your hard-earned title and you showed up at the Games where some guy quickly spit out the details of the event in a language you didn't learn from birth, you might appear disappointed too.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #12
Matthew Mills

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Skowron View Post
Well if you spent a year training to defend your hard-earned title and you showed up at the Games where some guy quickly spit out the details of the event in a language you didn't learn from birth, you might appear disappointed too.
Awesome!

I loved the programming and wouldn't change it, but So true!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #13
James Orr

Profile:

Do you think we'll get to hear from him anytime soon?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:25 AM   #14
Nicolas Kizzee

Profile:

Maybe... but he might be pushed to the back burner and we will get a lot of videos from graham and rich (not that that is a bad thing.. but we still need mikko videos)...
Old 07-20-2010, 07:28 AM   #15
Richard Lee Sattro

Profile:

From everything that I saw he just looked like it wasnt his weekend. On the Deadlift pistol workout he lost alot of ground on his double unders, which was just painful to watch. The whole crowd was yelling for him to go. It seemed like the rope was too short. I think next year he will do better as well everyone else. I think now everyone is going to work on their gymnastic skills more.

It is pretty impressive that he did as well as he did everything considered he has been really consistent. I was feling for Khalipa on the sandbag event when he spilled the sandbags it was just painful to watch.

Let me ask you this if Mikko competes over say the next 5 years, and he is consistenly in the top 5 and no one has done that. Will he the be considered the fittest or just the most consistent?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #16
John Cintron

Profile:

The sandbag was great. I was shocked at how Jason was having trouble. I think the games will constantly change making everyone keep guessing and not favoring any modulaty.I was shocked as there was no power event or purre running event. Again I thought mikko was going to break the top three then he starting blasting out pushups and they told him to stop and not getting more on the ropes for him I was shocked.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #17
Justin Z. Smith

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cintron View Post
The sandbag was great. I was shocked at how Jason was having trouble. I think the games will constantly change making everyone keep guessing and not favoring any modulaty.I was shocked as there was no power event or purre running event. Again I thought mikko was going to break the top three then he starting blasting out pushups and they told him to stop and not getting more on the ropes for him I was shocked.
I liked the sandbag event too. I liked how it involved the environment (the stadium including the seating) very much.

Justin
Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #18
Scott Stevens

Profile:

Quote:
The sandbag was great. I was shocked at how Jason was having trouble.
I totally called it as they were lining up, and also guessed that Tommy H would smoke it (since he used to do construction, he also kicked *** on that spike driving WOD last year). Khalipa is a great athlete, but he sits in a gym all day.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
John Cintron

Profile:

Scott I thought the same thing mikko fireman they have to do work. Tommy and the contruction work same thing. But speal 600 lbs at 135 lbs just incredible.
Old 07-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #20
Justin McCallon

Profile:

Quote:
Scott I thought the same thing mikko fireman they have to do work. Tommy and the contruction work same thing. But speal 600 lbs at 135 lbs just incredible.
I don't know how Tommy's performance wasn't much more incredible. Spealler didn't have an unlucky break like Brandon did, and he got 22nd out of 24... I thought Spealler's performances in the triplets were a lot more impressive..