CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 07-19-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
John Cintron

Profile:
Was Mikko Hurt

Did Mikko get hurt after saturdays sandbag and him walking off and by the way he working out on the final workout it looked like he was dealing with pain. I know he tried to do a heavy push and jusk and failed it looked like he mighthave hurt his back. Does anyone know?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #2
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:
Re: Was Mikko Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cintron View Post
Did Mikko get hurt after saturdays sandbag and him walking off and by the way he working out on the final workout it looked like he was dealing with pain. I know he tried to do a heavy push and jusk and failed it looked like he mighthave hurt his back. Does anyone know?
I'm sure the facts will come out eventually, but I'm under the impression that he was just (1) ****ed at his performance and/or (2) just getting out of the sun to go get ready for whatever was to be next.

- Mark
Old 07-19-2010, 06:20 AM   #3
John Cintron

Profile:

Yes we will see but he did not look right toward the second day. Because Mikko is not emotional you could not tell but he looked hurt. If he did hurt himself what he did to still place in the top 5 is crazy. Spealler was sick on the burpee rope pull as was burke.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
Eric Chapman

Profile:

I agree with Mark's two points on why he left so quickly.
But based on his documentary after last years games I doubt even if he was hurt that he will publicly state that he was injured but it is a possibility, I wondered the same thing.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
John Cintron

Profile:

I tried to watch as much as I could of the games. After Fat Helen I saw him go for his last max and it looked how the weight fell that he may have hurt himself. That was insane doing a max after that workout. Then the way he looked after the sandbag and him not staying out there was strange to me he didn't look back like he was maybe thinking I need some help.But during the finals it didn't looklike him i definatlty thought he would h ave finsihed the burpee and rope climbing.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
Justin McCallon

Profile:

He did well in the event that he left.

The guys are doing workouts. He probably thinks it's dumb to sit there and yell at the people he's competing with. The top Decathletes are probably good dudes. I don't ever see them yelling for their competitors. They finish the event and get ready for the next one. Totally reasonable.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
Stu Christensen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin McCallon View Post
He did well in the event that he left.

The guys are doing workouts. He probably thinks it's dumb to sit there and yell at the people he's competing with. The top Decathletes are probably good dudes. I don't ever see them yelling for their competitors. They finish the event and get ready for the next one. Totally reasonable.
Exactly, but that's why I prefer strongman to all out CF. We actually cheer each other on and are there to see everyone do well. Not just ourselves. Something I think CF'ers need to work on.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:42 PM   #8
Nicolas Kizzee

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Cintron View Post
Yes we will see but he did not look right toward the second day. Because Mikko is not emotional you could not tell but he looked hurt. If he did hurt himself what he did to still place in the top 5 is crazy. Spealler was sick on the burpee rope pull as was burke.
Agreed. When i saw Mikko doing the toes to bar he didn't look like he normally does... he looked in pain.. and at the ceremony speal didn't seem the same either..

Maybe to many metcons for the weekend? (not bashing the programming.. i enjoyed watching it)
Old 07-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #9
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas Kizzee View Post
Agreed. When i saw Mikko doing the toes to bar he didn't look like he normally does... he looked in pain.. and at the ceremony speal didn't seem the same either..

Maybe to many metcons for the weekend? (not bashing the programming.. i enjoyed watching it)
I think Speal looked like that because he was spent, and he still didn't win. Just disappointment in general more than anything else.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #10
Steven Bowser

Profile:

His feelings were hurt.