CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Scot Roeder

Profile:
paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Well I feel like I have been in sort of a rut and looking for something. I have been crossfiting since the begining of May and loving it. But my eating habit need a lot of work.
I was looking at threads on the Paleo diet and found a blog done by Melissa Urban Byers and there was section titled Cheange your life in 30 days. I read it and thought that I would do this. So I am going to keep track of what I eat and try and post it here and get some feed back on how good or bad I may be doing. Let the fun begin
Old 08-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #2
Randy Hill

Profile:
Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Good for you, Scott. Determination is key, but I am sure you know this already. Keep us posted bro.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #3
Amy Tompkins

Profile:

Way to go Scot. Yesterday was day 30 for me, and it really is life changing. I feel really good, consistent energy all day long, my WODs are going well. You would think that today, the day after completing the challenge, I would be "celebrating" with a Big Mac and fries, but I'm not. I'm keeping this going for another two months at least. I'm going to be doing FGB4 at the end of September and I want to be in the best shape of my life for it.

The first week or two might suck. You might be tired, hungry, etc. Give it time. ALWAYS have food ready. The worst craving times for me are when I get hungry, probably because my body remembers how easy it is to get energy from carbs.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #4
Mike Kerce

Profile:

i'm starting full on paleo as well so i'll be paying attention here. best of luck!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
John Devine

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Roeder View Post
Well I feel like I have been in sort of a rut and looking for something. I have been crossfiting since the begining of May and loving it. But my eating habit need a lot of work.
I was looking at threads on the Paleo diet and found a blog done by Melissa Urban Byers and there was section titled Cheange your life in 30 days. I read it and thought that I would do this. So I am going to keep track of what I eat and try and post it here and get some feed back on how good or bad I may be doing. Let the fun begin
Hey Scot, same story here. I'm making a shopping list now, shopping tomorrow and start my 30 days on Monday. Melisa's blog is a great resource for people wanting to give it a go.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Departed

Profile:

31 days in to a new Paleo diet and plenty of Crossfitting. Down 21 pounds...plenty more to go!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #7
Jo Maas

Profile:

Hey Scot, if you don't mind some company, I'd like to tag along with you on the 30 day Paleo challenge. Already it seems easier knowing there is someone else to account to.

Cheers, Jo
Old 08-02-2009, 03:49 PM   #8
Robbie Cooper

Profile:

Good for you.

Today is Day 6 for me. Also got my inspiration from Byers' blog. I treated myself to healthier lifestyle by buying a new electric smoker (WFS). I've been smoking chicken and salmon all week.

In fact, I just finished smoking 3 lbs of fresh salmon filets. Having a chunk for dinner, then saving the rest of my lunches this week.

I thought that cheese would be the hardest thing for me to give up (and it has been), but I'm making due just fine.

Looking forward to the rest of the month.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #9
Scot Roeder

Profile:

Well I have made it 2 days now. No pop,pasta or pizza.Here is what I ate today:
2 large whole eggs
1/4 cp mushrooms
4 oz chicken breast
8 almonds

1 egg scrambled
2 slices bacon
4 oz slice of ham

8 oz flank steak
1/4 cp mushrooms
1 garlic clove
1/2 cp pine nuts

4 hard boiled eggs

I really need to work on it. Not eating enough. I need to find some good snacks for in between meals that I can take on the go and are easy and cheap to make.
So everyone feel free to share recipies or idea with everyone here.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #10
Jo Maas

Profile:

I made a 'lettuce roll' today. Iceberg lettuce - each leaf is shaped like a cup and really crunchy - love the crunch. Smeared some Almond Butter in it, then added strips of green and red capsicum, then some roasted chicken. Rolled it up like a 'wrap or sushi' and was super yummy. I'm only on day one at the moment so it's early days yet, but am determined!