CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 12-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #1
Noah Martin

Profile:
Today I met pukie....

I think it's worth of a testimonial!

I started CF in September and worked with a friend from September until Christmas week 3 on 1 off. I've never been in better shape in my life.

In Sept. I was tipping the scales at 190 and getting pretty chunky. Couldn't do a single pullup etc. Now I can do a ton of pullups and the workouts keep getting better.

My local CF friend suggested I take a full set off since I had been going hard for three months. I actually took almost 2 sets off, about a full week.

It felt amazing and my body thanked my for it. Mind you, I indulged in some Christmas foods and even had a dreaded Big Mac yesterday. Today I paid the price.

Did Michael today. -7 outside. Finished in 21:59
Couldn't get off the floor for about 10 minutes, finally got up and went inside... was standing and talking when I started to feel woozy. I decided it was time to walk to the car and drive home.

I made it half way down the driveway when it happened. Lovely. I've been close before but today it actually happened. It's weird, there was something oddly exciting and exhilarating about puking.

Glad to be back at Crossfit and looking forward to the next 3 months before my next big break.

Happy New Years!
Old 12-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #2
James Compora

Profile:
Re: Today I met pukie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah Martin View Post
I think it's worth of a testimonial!

I started CF in September and worked with a friend from September until Christmas week 3 on 1 off. I've never been in better shape in my life.

In Sept. I was tipping the scales at 190 and getting pretty chunky. Couldn't do a single pullup etc. Now I can do a ton of pullups and the workouts keep getting better.

My local CF friend suggested I take a full set off since I had been going hard for three months. I actually took almost 2 sets off, about a full week.

It felt amazing and my body thanked my for it. Mind you, I indulged in some Christmas foods and even had a dreaded Big Mac yesterday. Today I paid the price.

Did Michael today. -7 outside. Finished in 21:59
Couldn't get off the floor for about 10 minutes, finally got up and went inside... was standing and talking when I started to feel woozy. I decided it was time to walk to the car and drive home.

I made it half way down the driveway when it happened. Lovely. I've been close before but today it actually happened. It's weird, there was something oddly exciting and exhilarating about puking.

Glad to be back at Crossfit and looking forward to the next 3 months before my next big break.

Happy New Years!
awesome man, i met pukie my first 3 workouts. Your michael time was impressive. Congrats on getting the pull-ups better. Seems to be the hardest thing for us outta shape people to get better at. keep up the good work
Old 12-31-2008, 02:12 PM   #3
Noah Martin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Compora View Post
awesome man, i met pukie my first 3 workouts. Your michael time was impressive. Congrats on getting the pull-ups better. Seems to be the hardest thing for us outta shape people to get better at. keep up the good work
Thanks

I felt close a few times. Especially on my very first CF workout but overall, it never really happened until today. I've had the dizziness and woozy feelings, and the "almost puking" feeling. Today is just came out.

I've have dropped about 20 pounds in those three months.
Michael was tough though. It was freezing cold outside and super windy.

Serves me right for eating a Big Mac yesterday.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
Brett Dartt

Profile:

lol at frozen puke
Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #5
Noah Martin

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Dartt View Post
lol at frozen puke
pukesicle
Old 12-31-2008, 06:51 PM   #6
Omar Omar

Profile:

when i puke after a workout i fell like a hero, i know i made progress that one specific day, i know i pushed it to the farest i could.

its really nice through out the school track season since the girls soccer team practice on the field around the 400 meter track, it makes me look good.

whenever you do several sprints like 4x400 you will puke if u push it to the maximum.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
Emily Maisannes

Profile:

I met pukie in much a similar fashion. I felt like crap the entire workout. I had eaten THE wrong lunch. About 30 mins after the workout, I up chucked my lunch that had been sitting in my stomach undigested for the last 6 hours. I felt much better after. I sat down, drank some water, and then had a HEALTHY dinner.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
Omar Omar

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Maisannes View Post
I met pukie in much a similar fashion. I felt like crap the entire workout. I had eaten THE wrong lunch. About 30 mins after the workout, I up chucked my lunch that had been sitting in my stomach undigested for the last 6 hours. I felt much better after. I sat down, drank some water, and then had a HEALTHY dinner.

Cool, next time remmemmber to drink gatorade, it is important that you do so after puking, it restores a few nutriens that your body have had lost which you will not regain except from a few fruits out there (apperantly) im not sure about this fact but i read it somewhere, it also talks about how gatorade restores these nutrients in one cup while eating fruits will take a while longer.

the first thing i do is brush and clean my mouth, drink a little water, drink a cup of gatorade then eat soup before eating a meal, this will reprepare your stomach and make you feel better