CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
James Besenyei
Member James Besenyei is offline
 
James Besenyei's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cleveland  Ohio
Posts: 588
Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

I'm excited about the Affliction:Banned event, what a great card.

My question is do you all believe that Affliction is going to last, will it be good for the sport to have another big promoter, and will we ever, ever get to see any of the fights we really want to see with the UFC holding so many of the cards and so many of the world's great fighters?

Mind you, I understand that there are many great fighters out there with no UFC affiliation, or that have left the UFC. Look forward to your replies.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
Jay Ashman
Member Jay Ashman is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Babylon  NY
Posts: 1,736
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

with fedor on board.... they will be ok
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:04 PM   #3
Dale Hartt
Member Dale Hartt is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bangor  Me
Posts: 4
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

I think competition is good. That being said, im fighting in the UFC that same night. The UFC is where I've always wanted to fight.
D

P.S. I love Fedor
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
Celio Silva
Member Celio Silva is offline
 
Celio Silva's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Folsom  CA
Posts: 627
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

Affliction is SO good for the sport that Dana scrambled to put together a last-minute free card on Spike that same night risking the reputation of its biggest sell (The Spider) in an odd match only to divert attention from it. THAT'S how good for the sport Affliction is!!!

WAR AFFLICTION!!!!!!!!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:53 AM   #5
Shane Rapp
Member Shane Rapp is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Porterville  CA
Posts: 162
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

I think the Affliction event is good for the sport and the fans. Whether or not they can make a successful org out of this event remains to be seen. Considering the card they are putting on for their first event, and the fact they have Megadeth playing, they sure seem to be starting this thing off right. I'm glad the UFC seems to be worried about them though. I've been a UFC fan since back in '93, but they seemed to be slacking a little in their cards up until the time Pride made an attempt to come into the US. When they had Bisping vs Evans as a headliner and stated they were happy with the ticket sales and that they thought it showed their brand was more important than the fighters on the card, I was really thinking they needed more competition to keep them honest. Elite sucks. The IFL is falling apart. Dream is good but it's following is mainly overseas. I really hope Affliction is successful and forms a solid org so the UFC knows they can't get sloppy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #6
Shane Rapp
Member Shane Rapp is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Porterville  CA
Posts: 162
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Hartt View Post
I think competition is good. That being said, im fighting in the UFC that same night. The UFC is where I've always wanted to fight.
D

P.S. I love Fedor
Good luck with your UFC debut man.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:00 AM   #7
Matthew Vassallo
Banned Matthew Vassallo is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Tampa  FL
Posts: 215
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

when isee that word affliction

i think of all the guidos in the clubs rocking those shirts, lololllll
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
Celio Silva
Member Celio Silva is offline
 
Celio Silva's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Folsom  CA
Posts: 627
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Rapp View Post
I think the Affliction event is good for the sport and the fans. Whether or not they can make a successful org out of this event remains to be seen. Considering the card they are putting on for their first event, and the fact they have Megadeth playing, they sure seem to be starting this thing off right. I'm glad the UFC seems to be worried about them though. I've been a UFC fan since back in '93, but they seemed to be slacking a little in their cards up until the time Pride made an attempt to come into the US. When they had Bisping vs Evans as a headliner and stated they were happy with the ticket sales and that they thought it showed their brand was more important than the fighters on the card, I was really thinking they needed more competition to keep them honest. Elite sucks. The IFL is falling apart. Dream is good but it's following is mainly overseas. I really hope Affliction is successful and forms a solid org so the UFC knows they can't get sloppy.
Word up. It really is about the fighters and the sport, not the brand. Dana never ceases to amaze me with how far he is willing to go to shove their brand down everyone's troat. He'll be shooting himself in the foot if the Spider gets caught.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #9
James Besenyei
Member James Besenyei is offline
 
James Besenyei's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cleveland  Ohio
Posts: 588
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Hartt View Post
I think competition is good. That being said, im fighting in the UFC that same night. The UFC is where I've always wanted to fight.
D

P.S. I love Fedor
Good luck Dale!!

Celio, I agree with you 100%. In some ways I hope Spider gets caught . . . I love underdogs!! That's probably not gonna happen. Anyway I'll be watching the Affliction event and DVR'ing the UFC patch job.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:22 AM   #10
James Besenyei
Member James Besenyei is offline
 
James Besenyei's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cleveland  Ohio
Posts: 588
Re: Affliction: Good, Bad, or ehh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Vassallo View Post
when i see that word affliction

i think of all the guidos in the clubs rocking those shirts, lololllll


Ahhh, chach bombs . . . I love to hate 'em.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Really good at skiing really bad ... Mike Gray Testimonials 2 03-31-2008 07:42 AM
Apples: good or bad Joe Bernard Nutrition 23 11-29-2007 03:30 PM
Dairy good or bad? Clinton Wheat Nutrition 4 01-11-2007 12:55 AM
Eggs...good or bad? David Stegman Nutrition 17 03-16-2006 07:50 AM
Hydroxycut: Good or Bad??? Peter Queen Nutrition 9 02-10-2006 08:35 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.