CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM   #1
Timothy Davies
Member Timothy Davies is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Allentown  PA
Posts: 16
CF Manual?????

Not sure if thread is in the right place...but here is a question.
Since the Cert. dates are far and few between and fill up very quickly, I was wondering, is there a way to purchase the manual that you download and print out prior to going to a Cert to study, that way I could study while I await yet another Cert. to show up on the list to try and get signed up before it sells out????
Heck it might even be great info to use as I crossfit to make sure not only I am doing exercises correctly but the reason for it to be done that way - plus, I am sure there are mounds and mounds of great info we all should know.

So if someone can help me out on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Tim
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Jay Cohen
Member Jay Cohen is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sharpsville  PA
Posts: 3,384
Re: CF Manual?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Davies View Post
Not sure if thread is in the right place...but here is a question.
Since the Cert. dates are far and few between and fill up very quickly, I was wondering, is there a way to purchase the manual that you download and print out prior to going to a Cert to study, that way I could study while I await yet another Cert. to show up on the list to try and get signed up before it sells out????
Heck it might even be great info to use as I crossfit to make sure not only I am doing exercises correctly but the reason for it to be done that way - plus, I am sure there are mounds and mounds of great info we all should know.

So if someone can help me out on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Tim
This is a question for HQ, not the message boards. Suggest you email customer service as they do not monitor these boards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #3
Chris Walls
Affiliate Chris Walls is offline
 
Chris Walls's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Battleford  SK Canada
Posts: 1,722
Re: CF Manual?????

When you're signed up for a cert and paid for etc, they will email you reading/study material prior to the cert. In my experience anyway...
__________________
Accept no excuses, only results
CrossFit North Battleford
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:43 PM   #4
Frederic Giraud
Affiliate Frederic Giraud is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal  Quebec
Posts: 722
Re: CF Manual?????

While we are on the subject is there an actual test to pass at the end of the certs?
__________________
www.crossfitundo.com
"The results are in the intensity. The magic is in the movement. The art is in the programming."
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #5
Jay Cohen
Member Jay Cohen is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sharpsville  PA
Posts: 3,384
Re: CF Manual?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederic Giraud View Post
While we are on the subject is there an actual test to pass at the end of the certs?
Yes, you go one on one against Nicole. OHS @ 95lbs, her record I believe is 31 or 32 reps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #6
Frederic Giraud
Affiliate Frederic Giraud is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal  Quebec
Posts: 722
Re: CF Manual?????

Whoa!

I wanted to go ASAP to a cert, but I see that I'll have to work quite a long time.....

Nicole
__________________
www.crossfitundo.com
"The results are in the intensity. The magic is in the movement. The art is in the programming."
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
Derek Maffett
Member Derek Maffett is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Castle Rock  WA
Posts: 3,544
Re: CF Manual?????

That doesn't mean you have to pass that test.

I'll be happy if I can do one 95# OHS.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #8
Adam Head
Member Adam Head is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Athens  GA
Posts: 304
Re: CF Manual?????

Yep, it's every issue of the CrossFit Journal. . . Go to the store page and buy 'em up! $5/each. . . .Adam
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:50 PM   #9
Grant Scalf
Affiliate Grant Scalf is offline
 
Grant Scalf's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Knoxville  TN
Posts: 360
Re: CF Manual?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Head View Post
Yep, it's every issue of the CrossFit Journal. . . Go to the store page and buy 'em up! $5/each. . . .Adam
Or bundle them!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #10
Timothy Davies
Member Timothy Davies is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Allentown  PA
Posts: 16
Re: CF Manual?????

SO you are telling me that the manual or whatever you would call it - you know I pay for a Cert. and they send me a pdf to download and printout prior to the Cert. is just all the Journals????? Come on...

Jay - thanks for the help on trying to get the info - I emailed customer service and am awaiting their reply. I am sure they are quite busy so I am hoping to get some kind of response by the weekend.

Thanks
Tim
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beginners Manual Albert Lee Starting 5 09-01-2006 11:24 AM
Medicine Ball Manual Updated Pierre Auge Equipment 5 05-29-2006 08:48 AM
Falcon Fitness Manual Eric Cimrhanzel Community 9 08-15-2005 07:40 AM
Running: Manual vs. Treadmill Shaad Exercises 3 07-26-2004 07:48 PM
Army Physical Fitness manual vs. Crossfit David Heyer Fitness 4 04-06-2003 05:58 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.