CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #11
Rob Samuels

Profile:  
Re: Gluten free bread

I still remember a time when humans survived wonderfuly on white bread (gluten?)peanut butter and jelly.

We ate rice and put gravy on our mashed potatos. A burger was a burger and it always came with frys, grassfed? huh?

We drank from plastic cups we heated up our swansons tv dinners in the oven, twinkies were delicious, we didnt need fish oil or vitamin d and we didnt even know about insulin spiking.

We also lived into our 90's some smoked and drank daily slept about 6 hours whith the TV on all night and we were not fat.

My how times have changed.................
Old 09-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #12
Spencer James

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Samuels View Post
I still remember a time when humans survived wonderfuly on white bread (gluten?)peanut butter and jelly.

We ate rice and put gravy on our mashed potatos. A burger was a burger and it always came with frys, grassfed? huh?

We drank from plastic cups we heated up our swansons tv dinners in the oven, twinkies were delicious, we didnt need fish oil or vitamin d and we didnt even know about insulin spiking.

We also lived into our 90's some smoked and drank daily slept about 6 hours whith the TV on all night and we were not fat.

I was reading this post as there was a country song playing on my Pandora station and your words sounded shockingly in rhythm with both the theme and the melody of the song.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #13
Michael Gray

Profile:

Udi's is a good brand. The slices tend to be small though.
Ezekial bread is nice too. I like the cinnamon flavors.

Most Gluten free breads come frozen. If you don't like mold and only eat a slice or 2 a day, you can keep it frozen and microwave a slice for about 44 seconds.

Most of the gluten free breads have a bit more protein and fiber than normal breads.
Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
Rob Samuels

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer James View Post
I was reading this post as there was a country song playing on my Pandora station and your words sounded shockingly in rhythm with both the theme and the melody of the song.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 AM   #15
Thom Wendelboe

Profile:

Just make salads. Put whatever you would put in your sandwich on top of a bed of lettuce in a Tupperware container. Bring dressing on the side. You can even get containers that have special compartments for dressing.

Basically, substitute to the bread for a fork.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #16
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Samuels View Post

Lets not forget trans fats, pass the margarine!
Old 11-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #17
Ben Joven

Profile:

Just a heads up; I have serious GI problems and am very gluten sensitive and for the most part any "gluten free" pizza gives me serious problems.

Not sure if it's the dairy from the Mozzerella or the dough but I steer clear of the "gluten free" pizza, and I've tried dozens. At restaurants, and pre-packaged...