CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-09-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
Damien Del Russo

Profile:
Last Friday I received my Kettlebells. They are so beautiful in a CF way. Single cast, epoxy (or something) coated to prevent rust (they are kept outdoors), and in a great assortment of sizes:

2x8 kg
2x12 kg
2x16 kg
2x24 kg
1x32 kg
(I am not too strong yet - these work for me!)

Anyway, I really wanted them, but was put off by the price and the concern I would get low quality. Plus I HATE cheesy marketing and the DragonDoor site is just a design travesty.

The place I finally picked was MuscleDriver. They shipped the same day, so I ordered on Tuesday and received on Friday. With 6+ KBs they give a nice discount that basically eliminates the shipping charge. I think it is 20% and 10% off shipping, but the easy calculation is "free shipping".

My order was about $680. That's a major commitment for a personal gym, but I couldn't be more happy with the quality or service. And using them is just...awesome.

So anyway, that's my experience with KBs. Next I need to save up for a C2 rower!

Damien
Old 07-10-2007, 08:16 AM   #2
Dave Hartnett

Profile:
Nice purchase !

Im going to look local first, but thanks for that buying tip..

Dave
Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
Simon Bowley

Profile:
Hi Damien,

Great purchase! I only have one 16kg KB and am considering buying a 24kg. Great bits of kit and KNACKERING!

I have a C2. Awesome. Post on the C2 site to keep your log up to date. Do 2 mins after every crossfit round to increase the CV.

Good luck!

Simon
Old 07-10-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
Chris Crook

Profile:
Some Busy Body and Play-It-Again Sports carry Apollo Kettlebells. I bought two 8kg KB's from Busy Body, one for my mom and one for my sister, and they came to about $1 per lb. For two 8kg KBs it came to $40 with tax.

Before I learned about the Apollo KB’s I bought a pair of 16kg from MuscleDriver.com and have been very happy with them. I paid a total of $143 for those two KBs, and $50 of that was for shipping!

If you are just looking to buy 1 or 2 KB’s I recommend checking locally first. The shipping is a killer on these things if you don’t get a great discount like Damien did.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #5
Arden Cogar Jr.

Profile:
OHHHHH, I love Kettle bells.

I have two 10s from NY Barbell - they suck, but they serve their purpose (my young daughters like them and my wife uses them for warmups). Then pairs of 18s, 26s, 32s, 53s, and 72s from K2 Fitness - they rock.

I just bought 2 88s and 1 106 from Dragondoor. I've used the 88 from dragondoor before and it's nice. I'm sure my "beast" will collect some dust until I master the "bulldogs."

Enjoy the pain.

All the best,
Arden
Old 07-10-2007, 04:21 PM   #6
David Heyer

Profile:
I ordered from mine from power-systems. They are Chinese made (like almost everything else), but they do the job.
I am guessing that in a few years they will be selling kettlebells at Wal-mart.