CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
Andrew Hank Arasta

Profile:  
As a very new user of the Crossfit methodology, I have come to realize that meal timing is very important in relationship to when you do your WOD.

I'm just curious, how much food (also, what types of food do you recommend), and how long before the WOD should you eat. I'm going for something that will result in the smallest chance of yakking somewhere after the third round (or whatever it be, you get the idea).
Old 07-05-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Zach Nikka

Profile:

im not sure if portions make a big difference....but what your eating does. it is scientifically shown that the bodies ability to process carbs decreases later in the day, after about 1pm or so. it is also harder for your body to effectively use fats earlier in the morning, so the obvious solution to get the most from your food is to eat protein + carbs meals earlier in the day, and protein + fats later in the day.

hope this helps, kind of sounds a little off-topic, but sort of related
Old 07-06-2005, 06:19 AM   #3
Troy Archie

Profile:
How long before the WOD should you east is all per person. For myself I like about 1.5-2 hours, while others would say that they would puke if they ate that soon to the WOD and instead leave about a 3-4 hour window. Then there are others who do the WOD first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or towards the end of an intermediate fast. It's all what works for you.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 AM   #4
Ryan Abbott

Profile:
Today I ate a couple of spoonfuls of cottage cheese with honey and grapenuts about forty minutes before the WOD. I don't think it was Zone or Paleo approved, but that isn't a huge concern of mine at the moment.