CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #31
Grace Patenaude

Profile:
Re: Crossfitters in Sugarland or Katy, TX

Neal, Travis, Jeff, Joe & Lucas

I saw those weights you guys were lifting. Pretty heavy serious kilograms! Coach Rippetoe was funny as usual.

Nice work Houston Area CrossFitters!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:17 PM   #32
Joe Cavazos

Profile:

Congrats on your medals, Grace! *fist-pound*

Also, sorry for holding up the meet with my excessively long lifts.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:55 AM   #33
Jeff Belyeu

Profile:

Thanks, Grace. I can't wait for Jeremy to post the results on their site. Even if I lost by 100# (or 45kg), I want to see who did what. Ulitmately everyone is against themselves, so I guess in that respect I did pretty well. My best total was 595. Saturday I posted a 610 (215,120,275). I think I could have worked the weights better on the squats. I think I did well in picking the weights on the SP and DL, missing my third attempts. My individual lift PRs were 225, 125, and 265, so all three of those are pretty close, with the DL being a PR. Pretty psyched about that, and that my score could improve. I think the SQ should improve with just a little more practice. The SP is my weak point. I like the DL, and think that will make gains too.

Congrats again to Grace for winning here weight class, and the women's overall medals!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:38 AM   #34
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post
Congrats on your medals, Grace! *fist-pound*

Congrats on your medal, too, Joe Cavazos (Rice University's hermit CrossFitter) You lifted really heavy on the DL. I was turning read just holding my breath while watching you lift to full extension. Nice work!

The overall medal was unexpected, my weight gave me the edge and also because Lisa Bender failed her bada$$ heavy load attempts on the squats. Her DL's were beastly; I'll start calling her "Zena" now.

See you, bud! Later.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #35
Travis Rieber

Profile:

Wow, two medals for Houston. Awsome work! I tried my best to stay for the presentation but I didn't expect the meet to go so long and had other obligations. I've been checking my email and the Crossfit Central page constantly since last night for the results and pics to find out how everyone did.
I'm also kind of curious to find out if I was making stupid faces to the crowd during my deadlift. I work out without the benifit of a mirror so I have no way to know how goofy I look.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:58 AM   #36
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Belyeu View Post
Thanks, Grace. I can't wait for Jeremy to post the results on their site. Even if I lost by 100# (or 45kg), I want to see who did what. Ulitmately everyone is against themselves, so I guess in that respect I did pretty well. My best total was 595. Saturday I posted a 610 (215,120,275). I think I could have worked the weights better on the squats. I think I did well in picking the weights on the SP and DL, missing my third attempts. My individual lift PRs were 225, 125, and 265, so all three of those are pretty close, with the DL being a PR. Pretty psyched about that, and that my score could improve. I think the SQ should improve with just a little more practice. The SP is my weak point. I like the DL, and think that will make gains too.

Congrats again to Grace for winning here weight class, and the women's overall medals!
Jeff,

The men were lifting very heavy this Saturday! I thought that there wasn't going to be enough room on that 7' oly bar. Travis surprised me the most since he said he only incorporated some WODs along with his triathlon and marathong training last year. Houston, we have a lift off!

You lifted HEAVY, too! You surprised me as well. Too bad, Coach Rippetoe didn't like your cool shoes. But the Parkour guy, Randall, did! It was great to be with fellow CrossFitters! Nice to have met you and everyone, finally! Here's one photo. See you later!

Last edited by Grace Patenaude : 03-10-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 AM   #37
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Rieber View Post
Wow, two medals for Houston. Awsome work! I tried my best to stay for the presentation but I didn't expect the meet to go so long and had other obligations. I've been checking my email and the Crossfit Central page constantly since last night for the results and pics to find out how everyone did.
I'm also kind of curious to find out if I was making stupid faces to the crowd during my deadlift. I work out without the benifit of a mirror so I have no way to know how goofy I look.
Hi Travis,

Actually, make that four medals. Joe Cavazos and Lucas have one each for their individual weight category.

You surprised the heck out of me! You said you did majority tri and marathon training and only some WODs last year. Those were heavy SQs and DLs, dude! What more if you did CrossFit fulltime!?!

Well, I think everybody had a stupid look at one point in time. If one's lookin' pretty, they ain't liftin' heavy! -- sounds like something Coach Rippetoe would say.

See you later.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:14 AM   #38
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post

Joe,

That was a crusher for me...those 2 minutes seemed pretty long, especially when I have to follow my own lifts. Have to work on heavier increments for next year's event.

Later.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:51 AM   #39
Neal Kay

Profile:

Yeah, it was cool meeting everyone, and to see what crossfit can do if you keep it up. Some impressive weight was lifted! I think i am going to have to try to make it to Austin for the other challanges if I can. Hope to see y'all again soon.

Neal
Old 03-10-2008, 10:26 AM   #40
Grace Patenaude

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal Kay View Post
Yeah, it was cool meeting everyone, and to see what crossfit can do if you keep it up. Some impressive weight was lifted! I think i am going to have to try to make it to Austin for the other challanges if I can. Hope to see y'all again soon.

Neal
Whattup there Neal !! Great lifts on the oly bar this weekend! Saw that one of your CrossFit badges was bleeding on Saturday. Was that from CINDY?

Die-hard crossfitter from Katy (West)... who works in Missouri City (SE)...and trains afterwork at CF Houston downtown (27 miles NE)...then back to Katy (West). You're the die-hard!

Here's one photo. Later.

Last edited by Grace Patenaude : 05-10-2008 at 11:12 PM.