CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 03-28-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
Jason H. Murray

Profile:  
Hello all. I am new to CrossFit, but not new to fitness. I have been doing CrossFit for two weeks now and I love it. I am 30 and have been a soccer player most of my life (since I was 7). I have been in the Army for the past 10 years and personally I feel I am in the best shape of my life, however I know I can be better. I started CrossFit with a few friends who have been doing it for some time now. All I can say is WOW! The core strength is amazing. I am now in the gym 2 times a day, once in the morning doing CrossFit, then once in the evening doing weights and cardio. I am completely amazed at the results after one week of adding CrossFit. I can feel strength where I never had it. My wife thinks I am nuts cause I can't wait to get to the gym sometimes now. The good thing is we are both very active in the gym and sports and love to go biking.

Anyhow, just wanted to say thanks CrossFit for adding another dimension to my life. I am amazed.

-jason
Old 03-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
Brian Gibson

Profile:
Welcome, Jason. I am sure you will love it here.
Old 03-31-2006, 04:37 PM   #3
Penny VanDenBerg

Profile:  
Hey Jason, Just wanted to say thanks to you for fighting for our Country!!
Old 04-07-2006, 07:31 AM   #4
Peter Queen

Profile:
Welcome Jason. I read your stuff on your website after you posted on the “No Gloves” thread. The writing was very good and very deep. Keep it up and thanks for serving our country on behalf of its future. As a firefighter I can also appreciate the benefits of how CF has improved my overall fitness. And I too am in better shape than ever.