CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 08-29-2005, 12:53 AM   #21
Don Stevenson

Profile:
Steve,

FGB is definitely under consideration

I'm also hoping to cook up something new and nasty for the opening workouts but there will definitely be additional tyre dragging and flipping, kettlebell work and much more.

Michael,

You and your friends are more than welcome to come along, The proposed dates for the next few workouts are 17th of September, 1st and then 15th of October.

If you can't make the 1st of October then we can organise another time to meet up.

See Y'All there!
Old 08-29-2005, 01:14 AM   #22
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
Don what time 15th Oct? I have to be in Taree by either 12 or 4pm and was working out when i should leave sydney. I was planning on leaving friday but could hold back a day if it means getting a WO in.

Fiona
Old 08-31-2005, 09:29 PM   #23
Don Stevenson

Profile:
Ok I've just updated the Blog with my address so now everyone can figure out how to get to the workouts!

Fiona, the workouts are going to be 0830 start, unless the start time has to be modified for complainy neighbours. A 10am finish should give you enough time to get to Taree by 4 (I think)

Old 09-05-2005, 01:56 AM   #24
Michael Pearce

Profile:
Don - I will be in Sydney from the 3rd to the 7th. So it looks like I will miss the scheduled class, but I would like to get together and have some fun. I also want to introduce as many of my friends there to CF. Might get you a good sized group going as well.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:47 AM   #25
Don Stevenson

Profile:
Hey Michael,

I'm sure we can work something out, i'll check my diary and see what we can do.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:29 AM   #26
Adrian Frankling

Profile:
who is the really jealous one out in the west????????????
makes me wish i still lived in melbourne, at least it would only be an 8 hour drive instead of 40 hours
Old 09-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #27
Don Stevenson

Profile:
Adrian from what i hear WA and Canberra have the highest per capita number of martial artists of any cities in Australia.

If you start some sort of crossfit thingo then you shouldn't have too much trouble recruiting members.

Makes sense to me, if i lived in Canberra i'd want something to do with my time and i'd also feel like killing someone.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #28
Fiona Muxlow

Profile:
Don.
I just booked my flights for HS reunion, arrive on Sydney on 14th Oct but have to catch train that afternoon.So will miss Saturdays workout at this stage.
Will be back in Sydney Monday 17 till the 20th October. We have to get together and compare notes ect.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:39 PM   #29
Adrian Frankling

Profile:
i have tried getting people at work interested, even those who are doing the trg pre selection where pullups in vest, helmet and smg are a pre requisite. all except the kids in my muay thai class who i have doing pullups every night look at me like i am mad.
i am changing spots in a few weeks to be a weapons trainer in one of the districts so i will then see if i can spread my evil ways at my new work place
Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 PM   #30
Pat Janes

Profile:

Adrian, I work from home as a computer programmer, so my main regular adult contact is with the other "mums" at the preschool/school, or with my lazy, good for nothing motorcycle riding mates; understandable that I'd get no interest in CF.

But it's a little bit sad that you can work as a police officer and see no interest.