CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:44 AM   #21
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:
Re: Coaches working out during classes???

while i agree that it is probably normally a bad idea, i think the size of the class, the specific workout, and the ability of the trainer should be taken into consideration.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #22
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

I really enjoy when our coaches workout with us. The only times they do though is either when there is another coach coaching or it is a really small class with people capable of handling the wod.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #23
Eric Schubring

Profile:

I think this is a great topic! Im replying because although I am highly against it, I worked out during a class today.

We did murph, and only 4 or 5 people showed up, who were all experienced athletes. I have a great relationship with my clients, and they said they would he "honored" if I worked out with them since I never do. So only under very rare and certain circumstances I believe it is okay.

Before I was running a box, I enjoyed when a coach jumped in. Gave me that extra drive, and I also took notes to learn their techniques.

Last edited by Eric Schubring : 11-19-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #24
Bryan Hood

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Breeden View Post
For sure, separate times, but I will say I love my coaches to workout in class with the members. Do what we do and be around to help the people around them if needed. Clients love working out with coaches and seeing that we do the programming we preach. But they absolutely do not coach and train at the same time.
I agree. Sometimes I'll doing the lifting workouts with the more experienced folks. They've also told me that they plan to create a workout for me to do. Payback, I suppose. That's cool. I feel that it's important for "subordinates" to see their leaders in action. Not to put a label on people so don't get bent out of shape. You know what I mean.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:51 PM   #25
Patrick Scott

Profile:

No way. People complain about the high price of memberships, to which we can usually only respond, "you're getting high level coaching". If a coach is training w/ the group, they cannot coach effectively. I can understand if it's a small group of very advanced students and it is outside of a regular class time, but in that case, the coach is no longer a coach. They're a "peer" at that point.