CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1
James Rodriguez.

Profile:
ConceptII Rower Model C

After reading many posts I think I have an answer, however, just for clarification....I have located a Concept II rower Model C with a PM3 moniter. I have not physically seen it but the seller claims that they are the original owner and has very low hours on it. The serial number is 121800/4. If I am reading it correctly this thing is about 9 years of age. Assuming this thing is in good condition, is this a good buy? Any input would be of help.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
John S Park

Profile:
Re: ConceptII Rower Model C

Depends on the price. $300-500 I would say is a good price. Maybe more since it has a pm3. Demand is high though so that might drive the price up. Even if anything is wrong with it, most parts are inexpensive and easy to replace. I've had a much older Model B that I got for around $100 and it still worked great. Very low hours and a PM3 are very good attributes.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
Matt Thacker

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rodriguez. View Post
After reading many posts I think I have an answer, however, just for clarification....I have located a Concept II rower Model C with a PM3 moniter. I have not physically seen it but the seller claims that they are the original owner and has very low hours on it. The serial number is 121800/4. If I am reading it correctly this thing is about 9 years of age. Assuming this thing is in good condition, is this a good buy? Any input would be of help.
I have bought many used Mod Cs and IMO that is a good deal at 500 or less. The PM3 Monitor is a nice upgrade and IMO takes the rower out of the 300-400 range. I still wouldn't pay over 500 for the rower because you can get a Mod D for around that.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Daniel Kunz

Profile:

You are correct about the age of the erg:
An example Model C serial number is 082203/1. The serial number represents the date the rower was boxed (mm/dd/yy). The number following the slash indicates the day of the week the rower was boxed.
The Model C originally came with a PM2; it has been retrofitted with the PM3. The PM3 utilizes a LogCard (you can still purchase them individually for $6.50 if it has been lost).
The PM2 had a feature that allowed you to ascertain the total number of meters rowed on that particular erg. By holding the > and OK buttons simultaneously, the display would show Total Meters in thousands. I do not know if the PM3 has this same feature. I have a Model C serial number 102901/5 with 3,216,000 meters on it and it is still in great condition (NOT for sale).
Old 01-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Ardi Shero

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Kunz View Post
The Model C originally came with a PM2
Some of the earlier versions of the C also came with the PM. I have one with the PM.