CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #1
Delita Wright

Profile:
Delita's Log to Fitness

Day 1 - technically, yesterday. But just decided to log.

100 lb. plus overweight, out of shape grandma seeking crossfit scaling and intervention in lifestyle so that I can get active enough to have a life! LOL

"My" burpee challenge. (Thanks again, Blue Bug!)

Hand on desk while lowering myself to knee-push-up position, shallow push-up, hands walk back to knees, one hand on desk and other above knee to get up. Stand up, reach high and jump. Repeat 15x.

Got my blood going!

Consistency is the key to victory...
Old 12-25-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:
Re: Delita's Log to Fitness

Welcome Delita!! I too am a grandma and started quite heavy and unfit over a year ago. I have made excellent progress. Key is nutrition, so if you wanna see good results--dial in the food/fuel quickly.

I attended my first CF cert in Raleigh. Get in touch with and workout with your local affiliate. You are blessed to have them, use them! (link wfs) Both owners--Jason and Doc-- and their trainers totally rock!

If you have any questions on this path, please contact me thru the boards or by email. I would be glad to help you on this lifelong journey!

Have a Happy new Year--may you be blessed with health and everything you desire!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
Veronica Davis

Profile:

Hey Delita...

Way to get started. Best of luck. I'll be checking in on you.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Davis View Post
Hey Delita...

Nice newsletter Veronica!
Old 12-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #5
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Welcome Delita! You're starting exercizes are a brilliant way to begin! I am rooting for you. I'm 52 and at this 5 weeks. Be consistant, and be Kind to yourself in all aspects of this process. You have some amazing women in your corner.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
Delita Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarena Kopciel View Post
Welcome Delita!! I too am a grandma and started quite heavy and unfit over a year ago. I have made excellent progress. Key is nutrition, so if you wanna see good results--dial in the food/fuel quickly.

I attended my first CF cert in Raleigh. Get in touch with and workout with your local affiliate. You are blessed to have them, use them! (link wfs) Both owners--Jason and Doc-- and their trainers totally rock!

If you have any questions on this path, please contact me thru the boards or by email. I would be glad to help you on this lifelong journey!

Have a Happy new Year--may you be blessed with health and everything you desire!
Serena, thanks! I've left a voicemail at the local gym number and I will contact you with questions. I really appreciate your inspiration and availability. Happy New Year to you!
Old 12-26-2007, 10:29 AM   #7
Delita Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica Davis View Post
Hey Delita...

Thank you, Veronica. I checked out your website. What a lot of good accomplishment! So inspiring! I'll appreciate your checking very much. See you! Delita
Old 12-26-2007, 10:31 AM   #8
Delita Wright

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer View Post
Welcome Delita! You're starting exercizes are a brilliant way to begin! I am rooting for you. I'm 52 and at this 5 weeks. Be consistant, and be Kind to yourself in all aspects of this process. You have some amazing women in your corner.
Lenora, wow! It is so good to hear from a woman over fifty and relatively new as well. It was a complete surprise to me to have so many good women check in and encourage me. Now I'm even much more excited about going for it. Thanks, I hope you will check in and let me know how you are doing, too!

Thanks,
Delita
Old 12-26-2007, 02:45 PM   #9
Veronica Davis

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita Wright View Post
Thank you, Veronica. I checked out your website. What a lot of good accomplishment! So inspiring! I'll appreciate your checking very much. See you! Delita
Thanks so much Delita! I'll be back, so keep logging. I have a log on here too if you are interested in checking it out.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #10
Delita Wright

Profile:

Wed. Dec 26 and Thur Dec. 27

Wednesday was cross fit total day. My scaled down assignment was to study the online videos about the back squat, shoulder press and dead lift. Then I practiced form 5x on each using a broom stick. I also did one shoulder press and one dead lift with a 45 pound bar and around 15 air squats.

Believe it or not, this was enough activity to get my blood flowing, and, I can tell the squats are a little deeper and less wobbly. I can't get down to femur parallel with ground yet, but a lot farther than 3 days ago. Go figure.

This morning, I scaled the Barbara to 10%, 5 rounds, 3 minute rests, but I tried 2 pull-ups (can't do at all, but pulled down on the bar trying to lift myself), 3 sit-ups (can do girl kind better than 3 days ago), 4 sit-ups (oops, make that crunches, I went as far as I could and held it for a beat), then 5 squats.

I felt great after and still had a glow on an hour later. I'm loving that I'm feeling a little more stable and free to move.

That's 4 days, including the rest day on Christmas. WooHoo!

If you post to me please do leave a link to your log, blog or etc. I'll check it out. Thanks!