CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 02-13-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
Roger Smith

Profile:
Bodogfight.com is taking there fights to cable. A channel I'd never heard of but have called Ion Television. On tonight for 1/2 hour and Saturday for 3 1/2 hours. Saturday is the USA vs Russia.

I really don't know anything other than that, ie quality etc. But am very glad to see more free fights on some cable. Hopefully a widespread channel, but I have no clue on that....
Old 02-13-2007, 06:43 PM   #2
Bobby A. Smith

Profile:
I found it on PAX @ 11pm.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:39 AM   #3
Michael Ruocco

Profile:
Thanx for the post! I would have never known.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
Jay Jack

Profile:
Amanda Buckner Top female fighter, and owner of Crossfit Maine, is in this season also. In season one they filmed her at home and the gym, so there was a ton of CF. This season was mostly filmed in St. Petersburg and not so much training footage. But we'll have to see what it looks like after editing. Watch a Crossfit devotee in action!
Old 02-20-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
Yael Grauer

Profile:
I didn't know Amanda was a CF'er. She's a very very good fighter.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
Becca Borawski

Profile:
She posts here from time to time, actually. I always see her in the highlights and commercials for Bodog -- great fighter!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #7
Jay Jack

Profile:
Yep, she's a CFer for sure. She pretty much sets the training standard for me and the other fighters at the Academy. The the CF culture in our Academy is really coming together, and she's the main drive of it. Becca and Yael- thnks for the kind words.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
Yael Grauer

Profile:
Oh, you're Jay! Do you happen to have any footage of her rematch against Shayna Baszler? I would love to see it.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:10 AM   #9
Jay Jack

Profile:
Yep, It's me! Bucket handler to the stars!!! There's some footage of it in some of our highlight vids. We haven't put out the whole fight because the promoter sells the event DVDs and I don't want them about it. But it was an absolute war. Bazler is one of the toughest girls around. She'll soon be considered one of the top girls. Amanda was saying that after their first fight. We gave her an automatic rematch and that was bravery not managerial savy. There was everything to lose and nothing to gain. Amanda had felt how tough she was but just happened to end it in the first despite the suprise (she wasn't "known" yet). So in the second fight, WE knew we were in for a war, but everyone else just EXPECTED Mandy to roll over her again. Not so simple. Nobody just "rolls over" Bazler. It was one of the best fights of Mandy's career. She pulled it off in dramatic fashion with like 20 seconds left in an overtime round in a fight that was REALLY close. Keep an eye on that girl. We called it first, she's in the top teir. Just watch. Anyway the vids that have some footage from that fight: on ammaonline.com the video page has an Incyte fight team highlight, and if you look on youtube for amanda buckner her personal highlight video is on there. That one's got that fight and CF footage. What else could you want.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #10
Yael Grauer

Profile:
LOL! I just remember your name from reading that you and Amanda were one of the first husband and wife teams to have fought and won in the Ring of Fire in '05. Quit being so modest, don't you have 12 wins under your belt?