CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:17 PM   #1
Rodney Mark

Profile:

While I have not been here long I must say I am really sick and tired of the bigheads on this site. The crossfit principles are great, but not original. For so many on here to blast other methods or people they think should bow down to the crossfit god makes me sick. I thought I would get some good info and meet some like minded people, but what I have found instead is fitness bigots. I realize it is not everyone, but it is enough that reading almost any post, it seems, leads to someone badmouthing someone else. I find this both unprofessional and immature.I am deleting my account and will never again recommend this site or crossfit to anyone.
Good luck to all in your fitness endeavers.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #2
Brian Cornwell

Profile:
take it easy, brother, (although I guess if you're gone, you probably won't see this) everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I have found this to be a warm and knowledgable community with no limit to the depth and breadth of its insight, and no hesitation to help. I certainly do not condone exclusivity, and feel that training variety is one of the most important keys to fitness succes, but the Crossfit principles and their presentation on this site and forum is so stellar, I can understand if the passion and pride some people feel for their protocol may seem haughty. To each his own, but for this guy, I can never see myself straying very far from Crossfit and not missing it terribly. PAXFRATERNITASQUE
Old 03-11-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Steve Liberati

Profile:
maybe CrossFit is not for you...
Old 03-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
Dennis Barrett

Profile:
I have never been much of a "joiner". I have lurked around on this site for a couple of months.I have been reading the current posts and tons of the archives. I picked up a lot of info. It has been the manner in which people respond to posts and offer suggestions and encouragement, that made me feel comfortable enough to take the plunge and post in the first place.
I hate to say it, but the above post may contain the most name calling aimed at the most people that I have seen on here to date.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #5
Kevin Burns

Profile:
Everyone has opinions. Some very strong. Some biased towards other methods. I personally am biased against some other methods because since finding crossfit I've gotten far better results. It's highly doubtful that other methods could hold a candle to the results that cfit athletes get but that doesn't diminish their value in and of themselves, people here do crossfit because they believe in it, plain and simple.

The site isn't about agreeing with everyone but rather respectfully disagreeing and using that environment to learn.

It is nice to know that when your in the gym tearing off a workout that probably 95% of the people in there wouldn't be able to do it.

If you want to call that "big-headedness" then fine. I call it confidence in the results your getting.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
Rob McBee

Profile:
I've read this sentiment on a few other fitness boards. 'Badmouthing' is wrong, apparently, unless you're badmouthing Crossfit which seems to be ok...??? Pot, meet Mr. Kettle

I know of another Crossfit-esque site that specifically states 'we have no interest in helping beginners' and other 'you're probably not worthy' slogans but Crossfit is the only one with the rampant 'EGOS'. Funny how that works.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:50 PM   #7
Jordan Dotson

Profile:
Heck, I agree with ol' Hot-Rod up there--these boards are full of some real blowhards. But they're usually called out on their BS pretty quickly (Mike O'D is the champion of this)...& regardless, the positive (information/atmosphere/camraderie) far outweighs the negative (HA! YOU DO BICEP CURLS! !)...
The problem with a public forum is that you have to let the public in...& the public sure ain't known for it's awareness & capacity for useful, contributive thought...