CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #181
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Re: Marianne's log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Urbanski View Post
Ok, so much for the beginning of my week. It deteriorated from there!! I did some more swimming and a little more jump rope, but around midway through the week I decided a week to do nothing but R and R is exactly what I needed, so I really did take the majority of the week off. Felt great then, but now... I want to go back!!

But ... I did get up early and get to the gym today and did:
135# of Death!
5 rounds for time: 15 Deadlift
12 Hang Power Clean
9 Front Squat
6 Push Jerk
135#-M; 95#-W

I was hoping I could do this with 70#, but the hang cleans are really hard for me and to do this many(I am much better lifting it from the floor).... I scaled back to 65# and it was still extremely challenging. This workout is actually much worse than it looks.
My time: 23:56
65# is nothing to be ashamed of! Awesome work!
Sounds like the R&R and 12 oz wine curls are just what you needed!

welcome back!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #182
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Thanks Helen. The rest really did me well... and the wine curls... I am still recovering from all of that!!

today we did some lifting!
Back Squat: 3 x 3: 115/125/135 (PR!!)

shoulder press: 3 x 3: 63/68/68 (I think this is PR for me... don't know that i have ever done this!)

I really was hoping that the rest for my shoulder would have worked a little better, but it was very sore today-esp for the press. I also have trouble getting the bar lower on my back because I have such limited shoulder flexibility on that right side. I use the high bar approach.
Any comments on what other people use or if this is a real problem as I attempt to go heavier? Just wondering what other people think. ....
Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #183
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Marianne, welcome back. I feel your pain (of wanting to go back on vacation). I hate that vacations end.

I also saw your pull up video on Byers' log! Fantastic!!! You've inspired me to try to get a video thing going so I can at least post them on the video "help" forum (forgot what it's called) to get help with my form.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:27 AM   #184
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
Marianne, welcome back. I feel your pain (of wanting to go back on vacation). I hate that vacations end.

I also saw your pull up video on Byers' log! Fantastic!!! You've inspired me to try to get a video thing going so I can at least post them on the video "help" forum (forgot what it's called) to get help with my form.
Thanks Nancy.. the video I use is the "flip video". it is awsome. You can put it on a tripod and upload directly into your computer.. cheap and easy!!

Today's workout was running.... Yuck!! I am glad I did it though because I hate it so much!!

Running 3 rounds
200M
400M
600M

time each run and rest exactly that much before the next run.

(round 1) 0:35/2:00/2:44
(round 2) 0:32/1:57/2:54
(round 3) 0:34/2:04/2:48

I have no idea if that is any good. I don't really have PR for these runs because I usually only do them as part of workouts and I know they usually kill me! This was good to do for a change!!
Old 04-22-2009, 05:41 AM   #185
Brittany Warren

Profile:

Quote:
Thanks Nancy.. the video I use is the "flip video". it is awsome. You can put it on a tripod and upload directly into your computer.. cheap and easy!!

Today's workout was running.... Yuck!! I am glad I did it though because I hate it so much!!

Running 3 rounds
200M
400M
600M

time each run and rest exactly that much before the next run.

(round 1) 0:35/2:00/2:44
(round 2) 0:32/1:57/2:54
(round 3) 0:34/2:04/2:48

I have no idea if that is any good. I don't really have PR for these runs because I usually only do them as part of workouts and I know they usually kill me! This was good to do for a change!!
Hey, sounds like a fun workout! Looks good to me -- looks like around an 8-minute mile pace. Is that good for you? (It is for me, so w00t!) I think I will have to try it.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #186
Christin Street

Profile:

Welcome back! It sucks coming home from vacay, doesn't it? Alway hard to get the motor going at the gym after a week away too!
Nice job on the running!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 04:24 AM   #187
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Hey Brittany and Christin, thanks for "stopping by"! I love your new avatar, Christin!!

Today we did "Angie" at our gym. It was my first time doing this with kipping pullups and to be honest I set up a step to transition to jumping pullups in case I needed to, but.... I plowed through them!! Started with 10 straight and then deteriorated down to 5 , then 4 and the last one took me 3 tries to get my chin over bar!! (by then my hands were so ripped it was really bloody!). Anyway, the pullups took me about 12 min or so, then plowed through the rest (worked at getting really good chest to deck pushups and abmat situps) to make a record time: 24:16! I was really happy with that overall for first time through as Rx'd.

now... about those ripped hands.. looks like I need to do a "hand circumcision" today at the office!? Any takers to assist in the surgery?!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #188
Nik Nichols

Profile:

I backsquat High bar, I dont think i will even try low bar without proper coaching. I worry for my back, i don't want to hump.
Do you do the shoulder dislocation exercize? Do you think it will help? Is you shoulder not flexable, or is ther somthing else going on?

Good job on ''Angie'', way to push through the pullups.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #189
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
I backsquat High bar, I dont think i will even try low bar without proper coaching. I worry for my back, i don't want to hump.
Do you do the shoulder dislocation exercize? Do you think it will help? Is you shoulder not flexable, or is ther somthing else going on?

Good job on ''Angie'', way to push through the pullups.
thanks for the encouragement on Angie, Nik. I do way better with the "body weight stuff" (which is why I was so crazy to get my kipping pullups). I weigh less than the other women in the gym I go to so they can push more weight with the bars, but when it comes to body weight stuff I want to shine!! I was really proud of my first Angie with "real pullups"! I'm sore today though and my hand is beat to crap!

For the shoulder... I go to craniosacral PT and they tell me the clavicle gets stuck. They work it out and i stick it again.. it is a viscous cycle. What is the dislocation exercise.. Is it holding the PVC pipe and bring arms around head and then back again? Yea, I do that, but it isn't easy. i'm surprised my shoulder is ok today after my pullups yesterday. I think i am so sore all over that it just blends in!

Today's workout (I think our coach was easy on my hand, so this was a really good one for me today.. really tough, but do able. )

400 M Run
50 Box jumps, (16″/20″) --tire jumps
5 Over/Unders
40 Yd. Bear Crawl
5 Over/Unders
30 1-arm DB Power Snatch (35#/45#)--25# (15 each arm)
5 Over/Unders
20 Wall Ball (14#/20#)--I did 14# and got to 9' for most, some were 8'
5 Over/Unders
10 Overhead Squats (65#/95#)--I did 33# (women's bar)
5 Over/Unders
200 M Run
5 Over/Unders
10 Overhead Squats---I did 33lb
5 Over/Unders
20 Wall Ball (14#)
5 Over Unders
30 (15 each arm) 1-arm DB Power Snatch--I did 25lb
5 Over/Unders
40 Yd Bear Crawl
5 Over/Unders
50 Box jumps (I did tire jumps.. think it is around 20" or so)
400 M Run

the over/under was a PVC pipe set up at around the level of the squat rack guards and we had to get over it and then climb under it. for the first bunch of rounds I jumped over, but I stepped over for the last 2.

My time : 35.33.

I was relatively happy with that time. Given how sore I am, I was lucky to be there at all!! I kind of wish i did 45# OHS, but I tried it when I wasn't warmed up and I tend to come forward on my toes too much.. I don't like OHS, so I obviously should do them more often. They freak me out and I am really concerned for my shoulder. The snatches were OK with 25.
this is the first time anyone ever did it in our gym, so I don't know what a good time would be. tomorrow I will take a rest day!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #190
Delita Wright

Profile:

Quote:
thanks for the encouragement on Angie, Nik. I do way better with the "body weight stuff" (which is why I was so crazy to get my kipping pullups). I weigh less than the other women in the gym I go to so they can push more weight with the bars, but when it comes to body weight stuff I want to shine!! I was really proud of my first Angie with "real pullups"! I'm sore today though and my hand is beat to crap!

For the shoulder... I go to craniosacral PT and they tell me the clavicle gets stuck. They work it out and i stick it again.. it is a viscous cycle. What is the dislocation exercise.. Is it holding the PVC pipe and bring arms around head and then back again? Yea, I do that, but it isn't easy. i'm surprised my shoulder is ok today after my pullups yesterday. I think i am so sore all over that it just blends in!

Today's workout (I think our coach was easy on my hand, so this was a really good one for me today.. really tough, but do able. )

400 M Run
50 Box jumps, (16″/20″) --tire jumps
5 Over/Unders
40 Yd. Bear Crawl
5 Over/Unders
30 1-arm DB Power Snatch (35#/45#)--25# (15 each arm)
5 Over/Unders
20 Wall Ball (14#/20#)--I did 14# and got to 9' for most, some were 8'
5 Over/Unders
10 Overhead Squats (65#/95#)--I did 33# (women's bar)
5 Over/Unders
200 M Run
5 Over/Unders
10 Overhead Squats---I did 33lb
5 Over/Unders
20 Wall Ball (14#)
5 Over Unders
30 (15 each arm) 1-arm DB Power Snatch--I did 25lb
5 Over/Unders
40 Yd Bear Crawl
5 Over/Unders
50 Box jumps (I did tire jumps.. think it is around 20" or so)
400 M Run

the over/under was a PVC pipe set up at around the level of the squat rack guards and we had to get over it and then climb under it. for the first bunch of rounds I jumped over, but I stepped over for the last 2.

My time : 35.33.

I was relatively happy with that time. Given how sore I am, I was lucky to be there at all!! I kind of wish i did 45# OHS, but I tried it when I wasn't warmed up and I tend to come forward on my toes too much.. I don't like OHS, so I obviously should do them more often. They freak me out and I am really concerned for my shoulder. The snatches were OK with 25.
this is the first time anyone ever did it in our gym, so I don't know what a good time would be. tomorrow I will take a rest day!
Marianne - every time I read your blog, I think: You're amazing! What great energy and spirit as well as look at all the work you do! I'm no expert on shoulders but did damage on in a globo (following their barely trained *coach*) and two years later had worked my way back. I heart ya, girl. And, you will get it back. You are doing soooooo great! Delita