CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #891
Christin Street
Member Christin Street is offline
 
Christin Street's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta  Ga
Posts: 3,826
Re: ET's Log

Your box sure loves the OHS and you sure do it well!! Nice work, ET!
And wasn't it a 115# max on the OHS? NICE!
__________________
My Workout Log Fifty doesn't have to be an f-word.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:50 AM   #892
Veronica Davis
Member Veronica Davis is offline
 
Veronica Davis's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Washington  DC
Posts: 2,704
Re: ET's Log

VIDEO... VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want to see some of ET in action. Especially the OHS.
__________________
"I'm training for World Domination" - Karin Kellerman
http://www.veronicao.com ,My Crossfit Log , Crossfit Force Majeure (wfs)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:17 AM   #893
Elizabeth Terris
Member Elizabeth Terris is offline
 
Elizabeth Terris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 1,189
Re: ET's Log

Christin- Yes 115 is my 1 rep max OHS, 105 is my 3 rep max although this week I could only muster 100 x 3.

Veronica- I will see what I can do about getting a video of the OHS. My left leg is still tremendously weak so it is lopsided but heck I get it down and up. Strength on the left side is still being worked on.

April 16, 2009

Muscle up clinic as warm up. Couldn't get a single one! What's up with that?

AMRAP x 15 minutes

3 hand stand push ups
6 ring dips
9 pull ups


hand stand push ups were done with a red band and a purple band (the bands are getting lighter by the month!)

Ring dips done all strict with full ROM. I devolved into getting 1 at a time.

Pull ups - first 4 rounds were Chest to the bar, I couldn't keep it up though.

7 rounds



April 17, 2009

3 Rounds

185/125 Dead Lift x 15
Jumping lunges x 30 (total 15 each leg)
400 m run


9:12
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #894
Richard Vanmeerbeek
Member Richard Vanmeerbeek is offline
 
Richard Vanmeerbeek's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brussels  Belgium
Posts: 5,590
Re: ET's Log

On fire Liz !!!!!
__________________
25/6'2"/192lbs My Log
Complain less. Go harder. http://www.crossfitpowerfactory.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:05 PM   #895
Elizabeth Terris
Member Elizabeth Terris is offline
 
Elizabeth Terris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 1,189
Re: ET's Log

Click image for larger version

Name:	font walk pic 1.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	4003


Me and the kids.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 04:27 AM   #896
Patrick Haskell
Member Patrick Haskell is offline
 
Patrick Haskell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winchendon  MA
Posts: 4,365
Re: ET's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Terris View Post
I will see what I can do about getting a video of the OHS. My left leg is still tremendously weak so it is lopsided but heck I get it down and up. Strength on the left side is still being worked on.

Muscle up clinic as warm up. Couldn't get a single one! What's up with that?
Muscle-ups are funny. Sometimes they're as solid as can be, and sometimes, they're just a will-o-the-wisp - just out of reach, tantalizing you. Not to wish the same misfortune on you, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Based on your performance on the WOD afterwards, it clearly wasn't a strength issue.

As for that weak leg, more pistols and side lunges for you. You're a total studdette. How you hit a near BW OHS with that kind of lingering weakness is beyond me. Great stuff with the DL, lunging, running WOD, too. You ripped through that.
__________________
45 / M / 5'10" / 175# CF Workout Log
CF Blog (wfs, but quiet these days)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #897
Elizabeth Terris
Member Elizabeth Terris is offline
 
Elizabeth Terris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 1,189
Re: ET's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Haskell View Post
Muscle-ups are funny. Sometimes they're as solid as can be, and sometimes, they're just a will-o-the-wisp - just out of reach, tantalizing you. Not to wish the same misfortune on you, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. Based on your performance on the WOD afterwards, it clearly wasn't a strength issue.

As for that weak leg, more pistols and side lunges for you. You're a total studdette. How you hit a near BW OHS with that kind of lingering weakness is beyond me. Great stuff with the DL, lunging, running WOD, too. You ripped through that.
I think my left leg weakness has been there for so long and have compensated for it for over 20 years that it is going to be hard to retrain those stuborn neuromuscular pathways and in the mean time I just keep compensating.

I did rip through the DL/lung/run WOD. Now if I could just run more efficiently... I'd have beaten the elusive wing-footed Ari.

April 20, 2009

GRACE!

30 clean and jerks for time 95# 6:41



Previous time: September 18th 2008: Grace - 85# -->7:08

HEHEHE Finally got Grace as RXed

Last edited by Elizabeth Terris : 04-20-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: post previous Grace time
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #898
Elizabeth Terris
Member Elizabeth Terris is offline
 
Elizabeth Terris's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego  CA
Posts: 1,189
Re: ET's Log

Virtual Shoveling is on the menu at Invictus today in 95 degree heat.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #899
Nik Nichols
Member Nik Nichols is offline
 
Nik Nichols's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Quinlan  TX
Posts: 21,383
Re: ET's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Terris View Post
Virtual Shoveling is on the menu at Invictus today in 95 degree heat.
Great Grace time!!

I like the Virtual shoveling, it is wierd and slow and hard. Watch that back form!!

Oh great pic of the familly!! Cute kids!! Nice guns too!!
__________________
49/M/5'7''/175lbs ''Take pain.'' quote: Mr Jenkins
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #900
Delita Wright
Member Delita Wright is offline
 
Delita Wright's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sanford  NC
Posts: 779
Re: ET's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Terris View Post
Christin- Yes 115 is my 1 rep max OHS, 105 is my 3 rep max although this week I could only muster 100 x 3.

Veronica- I will see what I can do about getting a video of the OHS. My left leg is still tremendously weak so it is lopsided but heck I get it down and up. Strength on the left side is still being worked on.

April 16, 2009

Muscle up clinic as warm up. Couldn't get a single one! What's up with that?

AMRAP x 15 minutes

3 hand stand push ups
6 ring dips
9 pull ups


hand stand push ups were done with a red band and a purple band (the bands are getting lighter by the month!)

Ring dips done all strict with full ROM. I devolved into getting 1 at a time.

Pull ups - first 4 rounds were Chest to the bar, I couldn't keep it up though.

7 rounds



April 17, 2009

3 Rounds

185/125 Dead Lift x 15
Jumping lunges x 30 (total 15 each leg)
400 m run


9:12
WOW! Indeed! Nice kids pic. You look like you've been working out!
__________________
xfitgramma
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JR Log John Richardson Workout Logs 14 03-13-2008 07:53 AM
ET's Log Elizabeth Terris Workout Logs 1 11-07-2007 05:59 PM
My log. Matt Thomas Workout Logs 22 05-25-2007 10:48 PM
JS Log Jason Steele Workout Logs 6 02-27-2007 08:10 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.