CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-18-2009, 06:58 AM   #391
Helen Lawson

Profile:
Re: Helen Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
...Keep an eye on that tendinitis. Mine had me kinda sidelined for 2 months bc I didn't treat it appropriately.
I'm really trying to take it easy...and its a good excuse for a weekly massage. I'm trying to work the negatives for both the achilles and elbows. I also think maybe a good 4 day heavy ibuprophen dosage may be in order. Maybe starting Monday.

Todays WOD: "Helen" - kinda
Warm-up: 2 rounds of
Samson Stretch
10 Overhead Squat with PVC
10 Sit-ups
10 Supermans
10 Knee Push-ups

Helen - 3 rounds in 33 minutes
Run 600 m - ran first 2 rounds, then achilles screaming, fast walk for 3rd
21 dumbbell/kettlebell swings, 15#
12 pull ups - Green band (doubled over for 2nd round), back to regular for 3rd

Cash out
5 seconds Back bridge
15 seconds Tuck-Sit
5 seconds Back bridge
15 seconds Tuck-Sit

I have ice on my achilles now, then shower & have to go to a wedding. Ouch...high heels?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #392
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Today -- slightly hung over and scared that if i work too hard Pukie will visit.

Warm-up 2 rounds of
Samson Stretch
10 Overhead Squat with PVC
10 Sit-ups
10 Supermans
10 Knee Push-ups

WOD - AMRAP in 12 minutes of:
25 pound Push Press, 15 reps
10 Pull-ups
30 Walking Lunges

Cash-out:
4 Inverted Burpees - walking feet up wall (can't kick up yet) & held handstands for 5 count -- very weak attempts - was planning to do 10 but...too many excuses to list.

Off to do yard work & clean the house...final preparations for putting the house up for sale before golf season kicks into full gear.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:15 PM   #393
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Mistakes in above post for todays wod: Only 8 pull-ups per round & neglected to mention that i used the #1 tiny purple band doubled over for pull-ups.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #394
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Another bad day at the Olympic Coach...Still couldn't get under the bar to snatch...its like i forgot how!

Mid Hang Snatch Pull w/33 lb bar
Everettes "Elbows high & outside" - i forget what he called it.
Heaving power snatch balance
and
Overhead squats w/33 lb bar

I left feeling very defeated. I need to figure it out on my own...coach Keith didn't have a magic pill to make me feel better.

Then, i did a little running with a client...about 4x30 seconds at 90 BPM

Home to stretch, recon-Nancy pull-up program 3,2,2 w/blue band, buy bumper plates and do 12 oz wine curls!

Last edited by Helen Lawson : 04-21-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #395
Delita Wright

Profile:

Nancy, when is the last time you took a cycle off? Really, with as much as you have going on, maybe a few days rest is the most productive thing you can do for your body. At least mine seems to work that way. I only had bad tendenitis once but agree - nothing to play with, and only thing that works, really works, that I know of is rest. Of course, the other things help, but I'm thinking rest is the fastest way to get back strong. Oh, and did I mention rest? Delita
Old 04-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #396
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delita Wright View Post
When is the last time you took a cycle off?
Thanks Delita, i'm sure you're right! I think it has been a while since i've taken a full 4 days off in a row but i typically take 2-3 days off per week. I know i need a break, but golf season is just starting so i'm sure i'll be getting outside more to play and more "active rest".

Today, a rest day I only did 1,1,1,1,1 Chin-ups and they were hard! I definately wouldn't have been able to do 2 in a row today.

Then, work, massage, wine, dinner, sleep!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:24 PM   #397
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Nice work on Helen and DT there!
You know- Veronica Davis siggested I take Aleve instead of ibuprofen for my tendinitis. I think she was right. Ibu didn't seem to really help me.
Biggest things that helped: massage with tennis and or golf ball (I know you have those!)
Ice cube massage. Never thought it would work, but it did!
You've gotta give that grip a bit of rest and attention or you will wake up screaming in the night like I did!!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #398
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Lore View Post
Nice work on Helen and DT there!
You know- Veronica Davis siggested I take Aleve instead of ibuprofen for my tendinitis. I think she was right. Ibu didn't seem to really help me.
Biggest things that helped: massage with tennis and or golf ball (I know you have those!)
Ice cube massage. Never thought it would work, but it did!
You've gotta give that grip a bit of rest and attention or you will wake up screaming in the night like I did!!
Thanks Camille. I took your advice today and iced my elbows several times throughout the day. I also bought some aleve -- i never take advil because i've heard you shouldn't take it without food, and i never seem to remember when i eat to take it. So, thanks for the advice and we'll see if it works.

This morning i did GTG Chin-ups: 1,1,1,1,1 and then 2 negatives.

Then......while i was at work today my "ultra lite" olympic bar (15 lbs) and bumper plates arrived! I was so excited, of course i had to do something with them, so since i don't have any collars yet the only thing i could really do is deadlift: 10 @ 45 lbs, 5x5 @ 65 lbs.

Unfortunately i was so excited, and short on time before dinner...no warm-up...but i'm soooo happy! Now i don't have to drive 1/2 hour away to work on my cleans & snatches!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #399
Helen Lawson

Profile:

Yesterday was a rest day. I walked 18 holes of golf for the 1st time this year and shot 91 with 2 birdies (4 & 14). Not bad for just starting the season. Then, later ran few little sprints with a client, went out to dinner, had 2 beers, chef salad and sweet potatoe fries. It was a good rest day!

Today:
Cleaning windows & putting in screen windows for 1 hour
2x Burgener Warm-up w/PVC
Snatch form work:
PVC Snatch Practice
3x3 @ 15 lbs Low hang squat snatch
3x3 @ 20 lbs Low hang squat snatch
3x Pressing Snatch Balance @ 20 lbs
3x Heaving Snatch Balance @ 20 lbs
3x Snatch Balance @ 20 lbs
High Bar Back Squat
3@ 43 lbs
3x3 @ 58 lbs
GTG Chin-ups 1,1,1,1,1
Carry 54 lbs of weight from my car down to my basement - 2 trips
Deadlift
3@ 65 lbs
2x3 @ 109 lbs
Cash-out
4x5 Second 1/2 L-sit - 1 leg tucked, other leg straight out in front
2x30 Second Tuck Sit
15 minute of yoga poses

I tried the snatch with 35 lbs but i think it was just too much weight for me! How pittiful! I have 10 lb bumper plates but i'm waiting for the 5 lbs to arrive. So, today i did ok with 20 lbs, so i'm sure i'll be able to manage with 25 when i get them. Then, just lots of practice to slowly be able to add a little more weight at a time.

The Snatch is one of my favorite things to do. When i realized i wasn't keeping the bar close enough on the way up i started working on my form and that was the end of anything productive. I went from 40+ lbs to not being able to get 35 up! But, at least now i'll have the equipment and can work on it at home. Still can't drop the weight (unless i go outside, the neighbors would love that! ).

So, now i'm off to clean more windows & baseboards.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #400
Stephen R. Lampl

Profile:

Hi Helen!

Congrats on the "new arrivals" - - the bar and bumper plates. I'm impressed with all the hard work you have been doing. I think perhaps Delita is right - - a rest cycle might do you well.

Great job on working the pull-ups, Angie, and "DT." Glad you had a chance to get out and hit a round of golf. We got Chery (my sweetie) a Wii for her birthday - - it's the closest I've gotten to golf in my adult life. I do fairly well playing on it.......I shudder to think what I'd do on a real golf course....

Now, I wonder if there's a "Recon Nancy" program for push ups?

Take care!