CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-12-2013, 04:15 AM   #141
Zachary McGathey

Profile:
Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

I have used some of there stuff too. I have dynamax and rx'd med balls and there is no real difference. the jump ropes though I was using in my drive way and the cement eat them up I now use them on stall mats and haven't had a problem.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #142
Kyle Bulava

Profile:

I'm very seriously considering GetRX'd WOD bars for outfitting my new CF gym. I plan to purchase separate bars specifically for the heavier olympic lifting for more advanced lifters.

The appeal over Rogue is the fact that I can basically get 2 bars for the price of 1 with GetRX'd, which is perfect for a startup. I refuse to get the Rogue beater bars which are comparably priced but have a larger diameter... limiting their utility to traditional lifts at most.

Can anyone advise me on their experience with this?

I'm probably going to order just 1 bar first to test myself before ordering the whole lot for the gym, but time is a factor so it's worth getting others opinions on this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #143
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Bulava View Post
I plan to purchase separate bars specifically for the heavier olympic lifting for more advanced lifters.

The appeal over Rogue is the fact that I can basically get 2 bars for the price of 1 with GetRX'd, which is perfect for a startup.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Kyle,

You are exactly the type of "most bang for your buck/greatest-value seeking" affiliate owner we love working with. E-mail me your shipping address to michael@getrxd.com and I will look for an affiliate in your area who has our WOD 3.0 Bars for you to test. If there isn't one, I'll just send you one to test yourself.

If you don't like it, let me know why, and I'll send you a return label to send it back. If you do, we can just charge you for it on your order of bars to outfit the gym. All I ask for is a CC on file before we send it.

We've come a long way with our bars and I would love the opportunity to show them to you.

PS - We have base model up to high-end bars for more advanced lifters. Let's talk about the higher end bars and if you're interested, we can work something out for these as well. 713-460-8188 x 2
Old 02-02-2014, 07:55 PM   #144
Bo Tucker

Profile:

Has anyone had any experience with the 10-bearing bar?
Old 02-03-2014, 07:42 AM   #145
Thomas Malone

Profile:

Ordered the one-piece squat rack from getrx'd last night. Needed something that I could easily move out of my garage for doing any overhead work. 500# weight capacity is way more than I'll ever need, the price was definately right. Will post a review once I get it delivered and setup.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #146
Rishi Joshi

Profile:

I have the Get Rx'd GHD, I couldn't be happier with it. The unit is really solid and they got the toe plate size/angle and knee pad angle just right, unlike a lot of GHDs I see marketed at Crossfitters.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #147
Joseph Matta

Profile:

Alright, so I know this is a Get Rxd review thread. I am in the market to outfit my garage with either a Wallmount or a Power Rack. I have been doing Crossfit for about two years and I love it, but I have completely clueless on what I should be looking for in terms of getting a set up in my own garage.

I have been torn between splitting an order between Rogue and Get Rxd and placing the order completely with one or the other.

I like both, but I am not sure what the advantages are one rig vs the other.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 02-13-2014, 04:28 PM   #148
Thomas Malone

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Malone View Post
Ordered the one-piece squat rack from getrx'd last night. Needed something that I could easily move out of my garage for doing any overhead work. 500# weight capacity is way more than I'll ever need, the price was definately right. Will post a review once I get it delivered and setup.

Got to use the squat rack a couple times. Very impressed. You really can't go wrong for the money. I only have 260lbs. worth of bumpers so I've only tested it with a total load of 305lbs but it was very steady. Only complaint is that the bar catches will scratch your bar up due to the abrasiveness of the finish on the rack. Other than that, I absolutely love it.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:15 PM   #149
Mac Mcfarland

Profile:

Last week i got the get rx'd linear bearing GHD and wow i was really impressed. 1 I'm a Marine and real picky on my gear i use and I read alot on other forms that you get what you pay for and etc im also on bb.com (boxinggsxr if you have other questions) anyway I walk around at 6'2" and 215lbs not the best in shape but i drop down to 200lbs for fights then back up to 215/220. I was really impressed with how this thing can hold my weight and adjust to my wife's size as well 5'0 95lbs. This completed my garage gym and im very excited to have it. Thank you get rx'd
Old 03-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #150
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Malone View Post
Got to use the squat rack a couple times. Very impressed. You really can't go wrong for the money. I only have 260lbs. worth of bumpers so I've only tested it with a total load of 305lbs but it was very steady. Only complaint is that the bar catches will scratch your bar up due to the abrasiveness of the finish on the rack. Other than that, I absolutely love it.
Hey Thomas - Glad to hear you like it!! We built the one-piece squat rack with budget and space concerns in mind. I use it myself and am pleased with how it turned out. We started prototyping the plastic liner on the bar catches thanks to your feedback. View attached pic. I'll PM you when it's available : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi Joshi View Post
I have the Get Rx'd GHD, I couldn't be happier with it. The unit is really solid and they got the toe plate size/angle and knee pad angle just right, unlike a lot of GHDs I see marketed at Crossfitters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Mcfarland View Post
Last week i got the get rx'd linear bearing GHD and wow i was really impressed. 1 I'm a Marine and real picky on my gear i use and I read alot on other forms that you get what you pay for and etc im also on bb.com (boxinggsxr if you have other questions) anyway I walk around at 6'2" and 215lbs not the best in shape but i drop down to 200lbs for fights then back up to 215/220. I was really impressed with how this thing can hold my weight and adjust to my wife's size as well 5'0 95lbs. This completed my garage gym and im very excited to have it. Thank you get rx'd
Rishi and Mac - We really appreciate the feedback. Hearing from satisfied customers makes our day. Awesome to see Crossfitters from garage gym and Games Athletes using and happy with the Get RXd GHD.

to all of our supporters!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	one piece squat rack.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	13241