CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 08-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Hakan Yilmazkaya

Profile:
5/3/1 BBB and endurance

I want to be a complete athlete. I lack some strength and size, that's why i've been doing 5/3/1 for months, i got great results, i'm way stronger than i was before. 5/3/1 alone didn't give me enough hypertrophy, i gained some fat, that's why i started doing 5/3/1 with Boring But Big template 2 months ago. So far i'm very happy with the results, 531 gives me the strenght, BBB gives me the size that i want, i'm on my track with these two. After a while i realized i haven't been doing oly lifting thing for a while, that's why i also integrated power cleans and snatches to my program. My weekly schedule is that;

Monday: 531 S.Press + 5x10 Bench / Chinups Superset
Tuesday: P.Snatch + 531 Squat + Metcon
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Bench 531 + 5x10 S.Press / Pullups Superset
Friday: P. Clean + Deadlift 531 + 5x10 Squat + Metcon
Saturday: Metcon (Filthy-Fifty day mostly)

My question is about muscular endurance now. To be honest i lack some knowledge about muscular endurance. I mean i don't know if you need to work on your muscular endurance seperately or endurance comes by you get stronger and you just need to do some metcons to improve or at least maintain your cardiovascular fitness. If you need to work extra for muscular endurance, what kind of training methods or metcons would you suggest me to follow ? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited by Hakan Yilmazkaya; 08-05-2014 at 06:05 PM..
Old 08-05-2014, 07:05 PM   #2
Robert Fabsik

Profile:
Re: 5/3/1 BBB and endurance

Just keep doing what your are doing. If strength is going up, muscular endurance will improve to some extent especially with the BBB template.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
Hakan Yilmazkaya

Profile:
Re: 5/3/1 BBB and endurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fabsik View Post
Just keep doing what your are doing. If strength is going up, muscular endurance will improve to some extent especially with the BBB template.
Thanks man, appreciated a lot.