CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Thomas Cofer

Profile:
Power cleans

Is it abnormal to have a higher power clean rather than a full clean? I feel that if I tried getting under my PC it would floor me.....it is clear I need to build my front squats and leg strength. Is this a common "problem"
Old 08-21-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
Jeff Enge

Profile:
Re: Power cleans

Pretty decent discussion of it here: http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=83725 wfs

Probably comes down to how you are catching your power clean.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
Thomas Cofer

Profile:

Cool thanks for that. Id really like to work on the full because ultimately I will be able to lift the heaviest load. I currently can PC 255 and could full clean 215. Sadly my front squat is probably only around 225. I am progressing slowly but surely. I have (like an idiot) neglected legs for years and focused on the upper half. Legs are a new found muscle for me haha
Old 08-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
Aushion Chatman

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Cofer View Post
Cool thanks for that. Id really like to work on the full because ultimately I will be able to lift the heaviest load. I currently can PC 255 and could full clean 215. Sadly my front squat is probably only around 225. I am progressing slowly but surely. I have (like an idiot) neglected legs for years and focused on the upper half. Legs are a new found muscle for me haha
Yep get that Front Squat up, once you fix the technique and strength in your front squat you'll be more confident in your clean.