CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #351
Daniel Frankel

Profile:
Re: My Quest To Become an Animal - Frankel's Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Henshaw View Post
Chickened out from getting under the bar on my snatches, then kept on either bending my arms or rolling my shoulders back on the snatch pulls. This resulted in some pointed criticism from the coach and some extra snatches at the end of the workout. Hands were sore by the end. Well deserved.

Snatch 40x3, 50x2, 60f, 60, 60, 65f, 65, 67.5 f f f

Snatch Pull 7x3 @ 70
Never have issues with arm bend until I use the straps, and today I would either keep my arms straight and roll my shoulders back, or keep my shoulders good but bend my arms.

Front Squat 5x3 @ 70
Too light.

Snatch doubles, 50x4

I’ll be working out alone for my last two workouts this week, so I’m going to take some creative liberty and program some overhead squats and snatch balances into my workout. They don’t seem to be programmed at the gym at all but I think I need to get more comfortable with 70,75, 80 kg overhead if I want to snatch that much.
Wrong log? :P
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #352
Departed-OH

Profile:  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Frankel View Post
Wrong log? :P
Haha whoops. I was actually trying to steal some of your mojo and thought that posting in your log might help my cause.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #353
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Henshaw View Post
Haha whoops. I was actually trying to steal some of your mojo and thought that posting in your log might help my cause.
Hahaha no problem ;D

April 5th

A couple fitness tests in fitness class (max burpees in a min, max pulls, knees to elbow, etc.)

Front Squat 175x3x3
OHP 115x3x5
Old 04-07-2012, 09:48 PM   #354
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

April 7th

"JT"
21-15-9
HSPU
Ring Dips
Pushups
Time: 12:41

This was rough. Triceps were fried. I wanted to go 7-7-7, 5-5-5, and 3-3-3 for everything. Finished the first round at like 3:30 I think. By the time the pushups came around for all rounds, I could barely lock my arms out. This was also the first time I did it Rx'ed.

In Montreal for a couple days, brought my rings and 20Kg Kettbell.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #355
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

April 9th

Today was okay. I got back from Montreal, then hit the garage.

Back Squat 230x2x5

Was supposed to do a 3rd set, but I irritated what seems to be a very minor tear in my gluteus maximus. (I originially thought pulled muscle, but it occured last Sunday).

I have my first competition on Sunday (CompWOD Tag Team, Scaled Division. If anyone from the boards is coming out, please let me know!), so I am going to do upper body stuff until Thursday, which will be my last working day before the comp.

Waited about 25 mins, then:

5 Rounds, not for time:
4 Muscle-ups
10 Situps
1:00 rest, 0:45 rest, 0:30 rest, 0:15 rest

(So after the first round, rest 1:00. After the second round, rest 0:45, etc...)

This was designed to be a max effort attempt on each round, but I could only go about 80-85%. Situps I was sliding all over the place because I was on grass outside.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #356
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

April 10th

21-15-9
Pullups
HSWR (Per arm)
Time: 3:49

I was using a bar that I could barely kip or butterfly on, b/c it was close to the wall, so my pulling rhythm kept getting messed up. Also, for some reason HSWR cause enough of a lactic acid buildup that I am unable to actually touch my shoulders and need to shake it out a little. If I redid this on a proper bar, time would easily be 3:00 flat.

Was supposed to bench 145x3x5 tonight, but I'm coaching at my trampoline club in an hour, so I don't think I will be able to do it until tomorrow.

Last edited by Daniel Frankel; 04-10-2012 at 02:00 PM..
Old 04-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #357
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

April 11th

Bench 145x3x5

Tomorrow will be my last working day before the comp. I'll probably do a ton of skill work during Fitness class or something.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #358
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

April 15th

CompWOD Tag-Team Open (Scaled Division)
Woohoo! First competition ever! Went in with no expectation, and had one of the most fun days ever. I will definitely be competing again in the future. This was a partner event, so me and my workout buddy competed together. Note: Some of my missing scores I have on a picture, so I will update it later.

Event 1 – “Hanging Tougher”
Part A:
4 Minute Cap, AMRAP Bench Press @135#
Score: 67 Reps
Notes: This went okay. We started off with 5’s and 3’s, and went down to 1’s and 2’s quickly to save some energy. Our transition times were super fast, while my buddy was sitting up on the bench, I was already below the bar. People came over and commented on it.

*1 Minute Rest*

Part B:
5 Minute Cap - One partner hangs on the chin-up bar. The other partner can then do either wall-climbs (10 points), hand release pushups (3 points), or double-unders (1 point). They may switch as many times as they want, but one person must be hanging from the bar AT ALL TIMES. Failure to do so results in the end of the workout.
Score: No clue. I did 7-10 wall climbs, then my buddy did like 5 or 6. I did like 3-6, then my buddy did about 30-60 doubles. I did 13 doubles, and then he accidentally dropped down before I got on the bar, with 1:30 left on the clock, so it was over. No big deal, just over-excitement from both of us. (All reps are approximated; I have no idea what actual scores were on this one)

Event 2 – “Pick Your Poison”
Part A:
2 Minute Cap, alternating ladder (Going up by 2’s each round), of:
KB Swings @1.5 Pood
Pushups (Not hand-release)
*One partner must stick with one movement*

Score: On set of 14 reps (On the KB swings)
Notes: I did Pushups, no issues. I decided to “kip” them slightly, as I was more concerned with getting in the reps. I changed the grip up and went very wide to reduce distance.

*30 Second Rest*

Part B:
Shoulder to Overhead @95#
Deadlifts @135#

Score: I think into the 12 or 14 rep round (On shoulder to overhead)
Notes: I did deadlifts, no issues. First time I’ve ever dropped a bar too, which was kind of funny.

*30 Second Rest*

Part C:
2 Minute Cap, AMRAP Partner Burpee-Ball-Throws (Roughly a 2 meter or so distance) @20#
*Reps are no longer counted if the ball is dropped*

Score: Somewhere in the high 30’s or high 40’s. This went well.
Notes: Basically, Partner A holds the wall-ball. Partner B does the burpee, stands up, and receives the ball from Partner B, and Partner B does another burpee, etc.. It was a little confusing the first few reps, but we got the hang of it. This one felt like it was taking forever to hit 2 minutes.

*30 Second Rest*

Part D:
2 Minute Cap, AMRAP Front Squats @95#
Score: I want to say upwards of 40, and if so I think it was high 40’s, but I’m honestly not sure.
Notes: We transitioned by literally handing the barbell to each other, and stood like 1 foot away from each other. I’ll see if there is a video somewhere of us. I used a cross-over grip to save my forearms for the next part of the workout.

*30 Second Rest*

Part E:
Air Squats, on a Dynamax
Toes to Bar (Toes through rings)

Score: On set of 14 reps (On the squats)
Notes: I did T2B. I had to come off the rings starting on the set of 10, but then just got back on and closed my eyes and waited for the judge to call “Done!”. I believe we did very well here.

Event 3 – (Can’t remember the name)
5 Minute Cap:
30 Squat Cleans @115#
AMRAP Box Jumps @24”
*Only one partner works at once, and only 3 tag-outs (swaps) are allowed.

Score: 109 Reps (30 Squat Cleans, 79 Box Jumps)
Notes: This one went extremely well. The high scores were around 100+, and one team got 146 apparently, one team got 138, and the rest of the good scores were around 105 (I think we might have gotten one of the top 10 scores for that one, closer to 10-ish). I did 15 Cleans, tagged my buddy. He did 15 cleans, and tagged me with around 2:40-2:55 left on the clock (Best I saw was onto the jumps at 3:15 left). I did around 25-30 box jumps (I think), but I got no repped a bit because I kept accidentally jumping off instead of standing up and then hopping down). I tagged my buddy and he did the rest, and did amazing on them. Went super fast, and I think he had about 1:50-2:00 left.

__________________________________________________ ______________________

The top 6 went onto a final workout, which was constructed similar to “The End” (CF Games 2011 final 3 events), except there were only 2 parts. We came 27th out of somewhere around 40-44 different teams. Today was an unbelievable amount of fun, sweat, and hard work. I loved every minute of it, met tons of new people, and just had an overall good time.

A really special thanks to Everett Sloan (He’s on the boards) for coming down, and (never having met me until this morning) helping my team member and I strategize for, and then proceed to help coach us through the first two workouts (He left afterwards). It was great meeting you and your help was really appreciated. Congrats for making it to the final event!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:36 PM   #359
Everett Sloan

Profile:

I just got home myself, 6.5 hour drive today. It was a very long weekend with way too much driving.

I need to start keeping better notes of what I do, I barely remember most of saturday, your review of the events was superb.

You and Jesse have a good future in crossfit, I wish I was your age when I learned about crossfit. The more events you go to in Canada the more you start to see familiar faces at each one and realize how small the crossfit community is in Canada.

It was a well run event and the WODs were very well programmed. I like how it emphasized team work, and it allowed one partner to pick up on the others weakness. I am great at strength and barbell and my partner was great at gymnastics.

Can't wait for regionals, then I believe the SweatRX Champsionships in June.

Keep it up!
M/34/195#/5'8" | DL 555 | BS 405 | OHP 225 | 5k 21:03 | 500m Row 1:26 | Fran 2:51 | Grace 1:58 | Diane 4:11
Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #360
Daniel Frankel

Profile:

So I'm going to take a couple days off. I'll probably press tomorrow and bench friday, and ease back into wods on thursday, but no squatting or deadlifting until my glutes heal, probably Ill give it 2 weeks or so and cut back a couple session's worth of weight.

So, and update on the CompWOD event scores:

Event 1A - 27th Place (This could have maybe gone a little better, but I think we paced it right for the 2nd part, things just didn't work out in our favour)

Event 1B - 38th Place (Obviously, stuff happened, couldn't really help it, no big deal)

Event 2 - 17th Place (This I was happy about. Individual round scores were not given, but it was a brutal WOD to do. Every single rep counted here.)

Event 3 - 7th Place ( WOOHOO! This I was super happy about, as we both felt it went really well)

42 Teams competed.