CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
Ben Allen

Profile:
I have had Precision nutrition for a few months now but have not really given it much effort. I have also ordered mastering the zone and I was wondering if anyone had tried Precision nutrition, and how you got on with it compared to the Zone diet.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:16 PM   #2
David Long

Profile:
I was sent the materials to look at, I found them similar to Zone. I know some folks that really like Berardi’s stuff. It was ok, I wouldn't spend the $ on it. You can get all of it from Zone. There is some support with Precision.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
Nikki Young

Profile:
I love JB's stuff. In both instances with Zone and PN, you are going to need to count calories, the basic outline is similar, JB says to eat veggies in every meal (zone - eat carbs [preferably F&V in every meal], JB says have protein every meal {same with zone}, JB - eat every 2-3 hours [same with zone]. You could probably combine both of them and see how you go, with PN, you need to find how many calories your body needs through calculation of BM and BF% and exercise regime. You do this in a different manner than Zone because Zone you start of on say, 12 blocks, but then as your performance and energy levels drop you add more fat blocks, rather than over all calories.

I generally follow JB's guidlines, but i also use the help of zone blocks as an easy way to find out how many calories i'm eating in certain meals. Depending on your goals too, for gaining lean muscle mass he puts forward eating in the way of a protein+carb meal, or a protein+fat meal while consuming the right amount of calories for you.

Either way though, i believe you would get good results from being strict with either of those diet plans, just depends on what works best for you.