CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 06-02-2005, 09:26 AM   #1
Roxanne Hubbs

Profile:  
CROSSFIT IMPROVES QUALITY OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Memorial Day weekend I went to my mountain cabin, elevation 7,000 feet. There is still snow and down trees in the road. Attempting to drive as close as we could get to the cabin, we skidded across snow banks, I got out of the Jeep to clear branches and the occasional tree top from the road. We got within a mile of the cabin, encountering a tree and snow bank to large to argue with. We packed our provisions and hiked the remainder of the road to the cabin. Upon arriving I noticed three large trees fallen in the yard, a sugar pine and two lodgepole pines. What a mess. After unpacking, my brother immediately got out his chain saw, and started limbing, brushing, and bucking up these trees, my job is to clear limbs into a pile, rake up small debris, and stack tree rounds. This task went on for five hours, the first day, and about the same the second day.

The elevation added to the strenuous nature of the heavy carrying/lifting task, which I did for two days, until the yard was clean. My strength and endurance and cardiovascular capacity allowed me to perform with ease, the task at hand. In addition, Olympic lifting techniques came into play when I was repeatedly lifting and stacking large, heavy tree rounds. I returned home experiencing no muscle strain or injury.

I have been going to this cabin all my life, I remember a few years ago, taking a walk and feeling worn out, to lift and carry an ice chest from car to cabin strained my back.

I have been regularly participating in CrossFit Central Valley classes for two years. I am 54 years old and in the best shape of my life. I surprised myself. My CrossFit trainer, Marc Stoner, was not surprised. "CrossFit works", is what he says.

Roxanne
CrossFit Central Valley
Old 06-02-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
Roxanne,

Under Fitness I posted a thread called "CrossFit prepares you for life" with the same message and acknowledgement you have presented in your thread. My thing was the breaking up and moving of patio concrete and how the job didn't wear me out or make my back sore.

This CrossFit thing must be good for you.