CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #41
Geoff Sallee

Profile:
Re: 30-Day Pre-Thanksgiving Paleo Challenge

I started on November 1st after a string of bad eating/drinking. The first couple of days this week were rough, but as of day 4 I'm feeling much better. Mood is way improved (was feeling pretty depressed the last few weeks), aches and pains are vastly reduced, bloating and inflammation reduced, and mental acuity is returning better than before. I know the adaptation period is the worst part, so I'm definitely looking forward to reaping the full benefits of a clean diet once again.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:50 PM   #42
Julia Mitchell

Profile:

Hi I'm in Australia and started 30 days on the 1st of November. Going not too bad although have run out of food around so need to plan a little better. Have done up a blog so I can be accountable at http://juliamitchell.wordpress.com/.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #43
Michael Jarossy

Profile:

Hey gang. It's day... 12, I reckon. Starting to lose count here.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I already seem to be slimming down since I started this crazy thing. This week at crossfit has been fantastic! We did a workout on Wednesday that involved 4 rounds of 20 KB swings, and I was able to get all 4 rounds unbroken at Rx. There's no way in hell I could have done that even a month ago. Suffice it to say, I'm enjoying this challenge thus far.

So, I know Thanksgiving is going to be a big step backwards, and I've come to terms with that. What I've been wondering about is how I want to adjust my diet afterwards. With the exception of salt, I don't miss much about my previously non-paleo diet. I figure I'll keep mainly paleo for the foreseeable future, with small concessions here and there. I would like to be able to do a little dairy now and again.

So yeah, this has been exciting. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to try this challenge for themselves, you shouldn't even question it. I feel like a totally new person these days, and it's incredible!

Thanks to everyone who has posted here so far, and keep up the good work!
Old 11-06-2010, 10:07 AM   #44
Alycia McGinley

Profile:

Hey guys,

I'm doing this challenge at my gym (we started on October 24th) and I just found this thread.

To help encourage our members, and keep motivation high, I've posted something Paleo-related everyday on our blog ( an article, tip, resource, video, cartoon, etc) , and I plan on continuing through the end of the challenge.

It's free to check it out, if you want some additional resources. Feel free to comment with your own thoughts/questions/words of encouragement.

Good luck to everyone!! I've found it to be pretty easy this time around, except for the wine. Oh, how i miss that.

http://crossfitaspire.com/category/3...ion-challenge/ (WFS)

Last edited by Alycia McGinley : 11-06-2010 at 10:15 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:04 PM   #45
Michael Jarossy

Profile:

Day 15. Halfway there!

Not much to report today. Had a great workout on Saturday, and I'm still feeling awesome in general. Bring on the next 15 days!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:43 AM   #46
Michael Jarossy

Profile:

Day 24!

Yup, I haven't been posting much, but I've been going strong. Still feeling good, and still having amazing workouts. I've gone from using the green resistance band for pull-ups to actually being able to do a real kipping pull-up in a matter of 3 weeks! Freaking amazing...

I will admit that I've started counting the days until Thanksgiving. This challenge may be fun, but I'm still looking forward to a little break at the end of it. (Not too much of a break, mind you.)