CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #21
Aaron Evans
Member Aaron Evans is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Acworth  GA
Posts: 57
Re: Brock's Next Big fight

I think this will be a hot topic debate amoung fight fans for quite some time (Brock v. Fedor). One side makes good points for; one side makes good points against---I am afraid no one will ever know the true ending.
Eric--I would also pay a premium to watch that fight---I just dont think it will happen.
 
Old 10-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #22
Eric A. Brown
Member Eric A. Brown is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York  NY
Posts: 226
Re: Brock's Next Big fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric A. Brown View Post
Four out of 33.

List them all.

Never mind, I will, I have a few minutes.

Fedor: avg comp weight 235. Anyone taking a look at him could see that he could make 205 if he wanted to. That being said:

Loss Werdum 239
Win Brett Rogers 265
Win Andrei Arlovski 243
Win Tim Sylvia 320
Win Hong Man Choi 330
Win Matt Lindland 185
Win Mark Hunt 265
Win Mark Coleman 205
Win Wagner da Conceicao Martins 406
Win Mirko Filipovic 236
Win Tsuyoshi Kosaka 225
Win Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 231
Win Naoya Ogawa Submission (Armbar) 254
NC Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 231
Win Kevin Randleman 205
Win Mark Coleman 205
Win Yuji Nagata 227
Win Gary Goodridge 240
Win Kazuyuki Fujita 240
Win Egidijus Valavicius 201
Win Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 231
Win Heath Herring 249 (if he is a can, yet he fought Brock, does that not further discredit Brock's record? All six fights of it?)
Win Semmy Schilt 290
Win Chris Haseman 205
Win Lee Hasdell 225
Win Ryushi Yanagisawa 227
Win Renato Sobral 205
Win Kerry Schall 265
Win Mihail Apostolov (weight not listed on two sites, not going to look any harder)
Win Ricardo Arona 205
Loss Tsuyoshi Kosaka 225
Win Hiroya Takada 216
Win Levon Lagvilava (no weight listed)
Win Martin Lazarov Submission (no weight listed)


His total opponents weight avgs. 220, or 15lbs. less than his. An obvious and distinct advantage in the heavyweight class, what with even in the UFC it having a 60lbs variance.

Of course,

Min Soo Kim: 242
Frank Mir: 235 (1st fight)
Heath Herring: 249
Randy Couture: 220
Frank Mir: 259 (2nd fight)
Shane Carwin: 265

So overlooking the obvious fact that Brock has never fought anyone with a size advantage, Brock's opponents weights average out to 245, or 20lbs. less than his.

Yet you wish to be critical of Fedor's size advantage?
 
Old 10-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #23
Eric A. Brown
Member Eric A. Brown is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York  NY
Posts: 226
Re: Brock's Next Big fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Evans View Post
I think this will be a hot topic debate amoung fight fans for quite some time (Brock v. Fedor). One side makes good points for; one side makes good points against---I am afraid no one will ever know the true ending.
Eric--I would also pay a premium to watch that fight---I just dont think it will happen.
No. me either, dammit. The idea of fighting is often to settle debates. Unfortunately, between M-1 and Dana, nothing will ever happen. More about marketing than fighting for them.

Sucks, really.
 
Old 10-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #24
John Stone
Member John Stone is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Flagstaff  AZ
Posts: 605
Re: Brock's Next Big fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric A. Brown View Post
Arlovski, Coleman (twice), Silvia. Randleman lost to Rutten for the UFC HW championship in a very disputed decision. And, of course, you ignored Nog again.
You are being intellectually disingenuous now. None of those were UFC Champions when they fought -- Fedor has always been careful to fight EX-champions after they were cut by the UFC. You know what that is called in the fight world? Fighting has-beens, people who used to be good but are past their prime.

If you follow the undisputed HW title, none of those fighters ever held it in any case.

Randy Couture was the last undisputed HW Champion in 1997, when he left with the belt. When he returned and fought Sylvia in 2007 (and won) the UFC HW division got its undisputed title back. Not a single name on your list was ever an undisputed champion, and as mentioned, not a single name on your list ever fought Emilyanko for the UFC title.

I love these Fedor chats -- internet trolls are always so dishonest about their man-crushes.

The reason the UFC HW division was a backwater for so long was because of the decade of disputes (1997-2007) in which there was no undisputed title -- and even the disputed title (Frank Mir held) became, itself, disputed. Contract disputes and injuries had the UFC HW's fighting for titles 2 and 3 times removed from their rightful owners.

HW undisputed title progression:
Mark Coleman > Maurice Smith > Randy Couture > Brock Lesnar
 
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #25
Eric A. Brown
Member Eric A. Brown is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York  NY
Posts: 226
Thumbs down Re: Brock's Next Big fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stone View Post
You are being intellectually disingenuous now. None of those were UFC Champions when they fought -- Fedor has always been careful to fight EX-champions after they were cut by the UFC. You know what that is called in the fight world? Fighting has-beens, people who used to be good but are past their prime.
You ignore Nog, who was UFC heavyweight champ after he lost to Fedor. Of course, this is the second time you have ignored this fact.

Quote:
If you follow the undisputed HW title, none of those fighters ever held it in any case.
Nowhere did I mention undisputed.

Quote:
Randy Couture was the last undisputed HW Champion in 1997, when he left with the belt. When he returned and fought Sylvia in 2007 (and won) the UFC HW division got its undisputed title back. Not a single name on your list was ever an undisputed champion, and as mentioned, not a single name on your list ever fought Emilyanko for the UFC title.
Strawman.

Quote:
I love these Fedor chats -- internet trolls are always so dishonest about their man-crushes.
And, of course, more insults instead of addressing points. No wonder someone else was complaining about you in another thread.


Quote:
The reason the UFC HW division was a backwater for so long was because of the decade of disputes (1997-2007) in which there was no undisputed title -- and even the disputed title (Frank Mir held) became, itself, disputed. Contract disputes and injuries had the UFC HW's fighting for titles 2 and 3 times removed from their rightful owners.

HW undisputed title progression:
Mark Coleman > Maurice Smith > Randy Couture > Brock Lesnar
Every HW division is light. There is a dearth of talented HW fighters in all divisions.

No need to address any other points I made, it is clear you would rather insult and dodge instead of honestly discuss. I shall not respond to you further, good luck with your training.
 
Old 10-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #26
John Stone
Member John Stone is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Flagstaff  AZ
Posts: 605
Re: Brock's Next Big fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric A. Brown View Post
You ignore Nog, who was UFC heavyweight champ after he lost to Fedor. Of course, this is the second time you have ignored this fact.
Reading comprehension -- learn it.
 
Old 10-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #27
Lynne Pitts
Administrator Lynne Pitts is offline
 
Lynne Pitts's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Richmond  NH
Posts: 3,232
Re: Brock's Next Big fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Stone View Post
Reading comprehension -- learn it.
Civility and board rules - Learn Them.
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inner fight. Guy Crossland Fitness 3 12-30-2009 11:21 AM
John's Log: First rule of Fight Club is...you do not talk about Fight Club! John Pavlic Workout Logs 78 09-01-2008 12:38 PM
Might Take A Fight Anthony Militello CrossPit 12 02-05-2008 08:21 PM
I am looking for a fight! Paul Findley CrossPit 4 04-19-2006 10:18 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.