CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #11
Snir Golan

Profile:
Re: Nike Metcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel OBrien View Post
Care to elaborate?
just ignore me, i tend to get upset over the smallest things. i just don't like how Reebok sends me 50 emails a week about great sales but those sales ALWAYS excludes the CrossFit items. so you can discount your t-shirts by 35% but not the same exact t-shirt that says CF on it? they know that CF'ers will pay so we never catch a break.

than you also have the issue of their apparel quality which is the worst i have seen. every t-shirt i bought from them was ruined within weeks while every shirt i got from someone like Rogue was half the price and lasts me years.

sorry for the vent
Old 01-12-2015, 10:41 AM   #12
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I got one Reebok CF T-shirt as a gift and can agree to the quality of them. I also have a pair of their compression shorts (that I also got as gift) and they have actually held up pretty good.

I used to wear NR MX20's but they got chewed up doing rope climbs so I got a pair of nano 2.0's and they held up fairly well. So much so that i bought a pair of 3.0's which are ok but not i do not like them as much.

As far as I am concerned their lifting shoes are comical, and I wouldn't buy them. For actual lifting I prefer my lifting shoes. I f am doing a session with mixed work then I just wear my Nano's

Like I said, I have almost always worn Nike so I am looking forward to having a solid alternative to the nano. My wife too. Sh, like me was a big fan of the Nike Free, I just found them to be a little too squishy for CF.
Old 01-12-2015, 01:54 PM   #13
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
just ignore me, i tend to get upset over the smallest things. i just don't like how Reebok sends me 50 emails a week about great sales but those sales ALWAYS excludes the CrossFit items. so you can discount your t-shirts by 35% but not the same exact t-shirt that says CF on it? they know that CF'ers will pay so we never catch a break.

than you also have the issue of their apparel quality which is the worst i have seen. every t-shirt i bought from them was ruined within weeks while every shirt i got from someone like Rogue was half the price and lasts me years.

sorry for the vent
+1 on the Rogue shirts. They really do it right.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #14
Michael Cook

Profile:

Rogue is selling the Nike Metcons. http://www.roguefitness.com/nike-met...ray-volt-white wfs

Currently, on the Rogue site Metcon1's are $119, Nano 4's are $99 and Nano 3's are $90.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:14 PM   #15
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snir Golan View Post
To be fair, Rogue doesn't make shirts...they use American Apparel blanks for their t-shirts.

But I know what you mean with Reebok stuff...I got frustrated on their shorts. The L are unwearably tight on me, the XL waist is too loose and doesn't cinch tight enough...so basically I can't wear any of their crossfit shorts. Then they came out with the Slim, so I buy those and it's the same thing, just slightly tighter waist on the XL. Still can't wear them. Going with Hylete.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:38 AM   #16
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
To be fair, Rogue doesn't make shirts...they use American Apparel blanks for their t-shirts.

But I know what you mean with Reebok stuff...I got frustrated on their shorts. The L are unwearably tight on me, the XL waist is too loose and doesn't cinch tight enough...so basically I can't wear any of their crossfit shorts. Then they came out with the Slim, so I buy those and it's the same thing, just slightly tighter waist on the XL. Still can't wear them. Going with Hylete.
You are right,I meant the american apparel shirts which are the best. And yes on the Reebok sizing, even weirder is that the same issue is also in their shoes. I bought two pairs of nano 4.0 both size 12. One was too small and one was too big..
Old 01-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #17
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
We know this. Reebok doesn't either.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:22 AM   #18
Daniel OBrien

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Hoegner View Post
We know this. Reebok doesn't either.
Sigh. Do we want to go down to the actual worker's name in the sweatshop?

I was saying that Rogue shirts say American Apparel on the tag. And in this case, Reebok shirts say Reebok on the tag. If you want to want to trace down to the sweatshop level, have fun.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #19
Bryan Selent

Profile:

So... back to the Nike Metcon??
Old 01-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #20
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Selent View Post

So... back to the Nike Metcon??