CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #21
Spencer Pearlman

Profile:
Re: Black Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
Santa (sort of) stopped at my house then. Thankfully I can lift in my garage, how and when I want. No one telling me what to do.

The only drawback......today it is -20C, so it gets pretty cold. Other than that it is the best.

I have a garage gym, too. Just put it together a few months ago...it was ~40 degrees outside today and I was cold. Guess that's what I get for being in Nashville for the last few years for school - winter came later and it never got really cold.

May need to get a space heater...

As for the topic -- not really sure what I need...haven't been looking/thinking that much. Just gonna wait and browse, probably. Might get a few shirts, at the minimum.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #22
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

Black Widow Training posted their black friday deals the other day on the facebooks. Most notable was probably a swiss bar, football bar, cambered bar, or trap bar for $160. Also a few landmine attachments and an SSB I think.

And CFF has had some good stuff as well. Their squat stands are only $147 or something which is almost tempting enough even though I have a rack.

I'm keeping an eye out for a sled I guess.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #23
John Donovan

Profile:

MDUSA will have my money again this year on some 55&35# bumpers.
32/5'10"/233. 500m row-1:39/1000m row-3:53/2k row- 8:12/DL-495, FS-325, Back squat- 440, Press-205, Snatch-96kg, C&J-121Kg, 5k run- 27:30
Old 11-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
Andrew Daggon

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haxmeier View Post
Black Widow Training posted their black friday deals the other day on the facebooks. Most notable was probably a swiss bar, football bar, cambered bar, or trap bar for $160. Also a few landmine attachments and an SSB I think.

And CFF has had some good stuff as well. Their squat stands are only $147 or something which is almost tempting enough even though I have a rack.

I'm keeping an eye out for a sled I guess.
Black Widow Training Gear had a preview Black Friday sale a few days ago for 12 hours where everything on their flyer and more were active sales.

I picked up their farmers handles for $145 shipped, and their axle bar for $100 after shipping. They arrive tomorrow, and everything I've read about them puts their workmanship on par with Sorinex and Rogue etc. I'm excited to give them a test drive
Old 11-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #25
Megan Ward

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Haxmeier View Post
Do you think they are good quality? (I'll also do my own research, but just wondering.) It looks like they have a 400# capacity, which should be enough for me for...forever.

Our garage gym is hopefully still going to double as a garage, so I'm tempted by the freestanding kind that I can pack into the corner easily vs. the kind that have the set base that takes up more room. And they are selling them on Small Business Saturday at either 15% off with free shipping or 35% off with cost of shipping (a difference of $2 for me).
Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #26
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Donovan View Post
MDUSA will have my money again this year on some 55&35# bumpers.
Sorry guys I feel like I let you down by withholding this info for a couple days. I emailed MDUSA about a few things then asked about black friday deals. This is the response I received.

"Michael,

Yes, we are starting our Thanksgiving Sale next week Monday. I would wait to order anything until then."

So, looks like Monday is the day that the sale will be announced. Looking forward to this as I'm outfitting my garage for up to 6 people classes.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #27
Matt Haxmeier

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Daggon View Post
Black Widow Training Gear had a preview Black Friday sale a few days ago for 12 hours where everything on their flyer and more were active sales.

I picked up their farmers handles for $145 shipped, and their axle bar for $100 after shipping. They arrive tomorrow, and everything I've read about them puts their workmanship on par with Sorinex and Rogue etc. I'm excited to give them a test drive
Yeah, I have farmer handles from them, a swiss bar, and a landmine. The equipment is top notch and the prices are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Ward View Post
Do you think they are good quality? (I'll also do my own research, but just wondering.) It looks like they have a 400# capacity, which should be enough for me for...forever.

Our garage gym is hopefully still going to double as a garage, so I'm tempted by the freestanding kind that I can pack into the corner easily vs. the kind that have the set base that takes up more room. And they are selling them on Small Business Saturday at either 15% off with free shipping or 35% off with cost of shipping (a difference of $2 for me).
There's a review up on youtube and a guy squatting with #506 on the stands which is over the stated capacity. So yeah, I think for the price they are great. If you really want to push weight some day go with a rack instead. But if you never plan on squatting 500 then it's probably sufficient.

Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV5uHflhpBs (WFS)

Squat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XwnijjXKIw (WFS)
Old 11-21-2013, 02:48 PM   #28
Christopher Morris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Doehla View Post
Sorry guys I feel like I let you down by withholding this info for a couple days. I emailed MDUSA about a few things then asked about black friday deals. This is the response I received.

"Michael,

Yes, we are starting our Thanksgiving Sale next week Monday. I would wait to order anything until then."

So, looks like Monday is the day that the sale will be announced. Looking forward to this as I'm outfitting my garage for up to 6 people classes.
Cyber Monday they call it. Black Friday is for in person shopping. I've never hear of Small Business Saturday until Megan mentioned it above. I guess nothing says America like a good ol' shopping spree.

How about we start Dental Work Wednesday. Anybody in?
Old 11-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #29
Mike Doehla

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Morris View Post
Cyber Monday they call it. Black Friday is for in person shopping. I've never hear of Small Business Saturday until Megan mentioned it above. I guess nothing says America like a good ol' shopping spree.

How about we start Dental Work Wednesday. Anybody in?
Cyber Monday is usually the Monday after. Her email sounded like this Monday were the sales. I hope that's the case anyway.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #30
Brendan McNamar

Profile:

Wouldn't be surprised if they start early.

The Affiliate owners jumped all over last years 20% off at MDUSA. Treated myself to two sets of Pendlay Elite KG plates last year.

This year just need more barbells and bumper plates. Gym population is growing and getting stronger. Need more weight.

If anyone puts C2 rowers on sale I'll be all over those as well.

and Legend GHDs

This Visa bill is going to hurt for a few months.......