CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 05-13-2014, 03:47 AM   #1
Chris Jones

Profile:
When to Kill Cliff

Ive seen another thread or two here about Kill Cliff, and whether it does anything or not. Ive tried it a few times, and may have noticed some slight positive effects. My question is, when are you supposed to drink it? It is labeled as a recovery drink so my first reaction would be to take pwo, but it has no protein or anything other than vitamins and that kind of good stuff really. So, is it meant to be taken before workouts? Or possibly a little after your protein/recovery shake or meal?
Old 05-13-2014, 05:43 AM   #2
Price Goosby

Profile:
Re: When to Kill Cliff

According to the can anyways you should be apparently knocking them back like shots left and right before and after.

Me personally I normally crack one open maybe 15 mins after a WOD. I was nervous about introducing caffeine right after a workout, but the amount is so low that the boost in energy is really just there to even you out to normality.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #3
Chris Jones

Profile:

thanks for the reply man, do you use that as your post-workout drink or do you have a protein shake or meal before it?
Old 05-14-2014, 05:37 AM   #4
Price Goosby

Profile:

My immediate post workout is normally just a scoop of Cellmass, I'll pop open a "Double awesomeness" maybe 15-20 minutes later while dinner is in the oven.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #5
Snir Golan

Profile:

probably not the best way or even the right way but i normally only have one after a LONG or really hard WOD. for most workouts, i just have my protein shake after but after a brutal one, i do enjoy a cold Kill Cliff.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:33 PM   #6
Chris Jones

Profile:

sounds good guys. I drank one a couple weekends ago at a competition to help prepare for the other WODs that day, seemed to lift me up a bit mentally at least.
Old 05-14-2014, 10:47 PM   #7
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

You can pretty much drink them whenever. You can also substitute them for a Redbull with vodka or drink them during a heavy night of drink or the day after.

Generally I would drink them before or during training sessions. Unless you are sensitive to caffeine, you probably won't feel too buzzy. It's only 25mg of caffeine where Redbull is 75 or 80 per equivalent can.