CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:44 AM   #21
Perry Eubank

Profile:
Re: Perry's Workout Log

WOD

S120804

Warmup

5 min jumprope, 10kg deadlift and 10kg OH press for 10 reps, stretching

Workout
3 rounds for time of:

Jump and touch 12" above max reach, 15
65kg (143.3lb) Deadlift, 15 reps
Handstand push-ups, 10

Actual Performance
Time: 13:38

Notes
Today marks 3 weeks of consecutive CrossFit WOD's and rest days! Woohoo!
Original workout was 4 rounds and 30, 20, 10 reps, but I had to scale. Actually, I forgot to bring my written down WOD to the gym, so I had to try to remember the WOD and forgot it was 4 rounds... I could have managed 4 rounds. Reduced to 60kg (132.3lb) after the 1st round. 2nd round: had to rest after 10 reps, 3rd round: had to rest after 7 reps. Could stand to go back up to 65kg next time I think.
HSPU: 1st round did 5, but not low enough. did 5 more with feet elevated onto waist-high surface. 2nd round did 3, then 7 with feet elevated. 3rd round did 1, then 9 with feet elevated. I'll go to the park tonight and knock out one MU and practice just my balance on the HS.

Log (WFS)

Last edited by Perry Eubank : 08-04-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #22
Perry Eubank

Profile:

WOD

Su120805

Warmup

2.5 min jumprope, stretching

Workout
20 rounds for time of:

10kg (22lb) Weighted Pull-ups, 3
Strict Pull-ups, 4
Kipping Pull-up, 5

*For weighted pull-ups place a dumbbell between the legs above crossed ankles and jettison the dumbbell after and continue with strict pull-ups and then the kipping pull-ups. Coming off the bar or going to ground constitutes termination of a set.

Actual Performance
Time: 31:14
Round 2: 1, 2, 3 reps
Round 3 & 4: 1, 2, 2 reps
Round 5 and up: 1, 1, 1 reps
Round 6-15: down to 5kg
Round 16 and up: down to 4kg

Notes
Ok, so the workout as Rx'd was pretty insane, it was
10 rounds for time of:
20kg (45lb) Weighted Pull-ups, 3
Strict Pull-ups, 5
Kipping Pull-up, 7
That's 150 pullups! 1/5th of which are weighted. So I scaled down the reps and weight, but upped the rounds to 20. This was pretty tough, but fun.
So, all said and done I did 76 pullups! 2/7ths were weighted. Feels pretty good. Practiced HS and HSPU's after workout.

Log (WFS)

Last edited by Perry Eubank : 08-04-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:42 AM   #23
Perry Eubank

Profile:

WOD

M120806

Rest Day

Notes
*CORRECTION* for F120803, the first exercise is hang power clean. I only wrote the weight and reps.

Weight this morning: 65.7kg (145lb). I think at this stage I'm trading what little fat I had for some muscle growth, because my weight is the same as at start, but I'm eating much more. I feel sore, and I feel stronger. My hamstrings, abs, lats, lower back, and biceps feel sore especially (good thing it's a rest day!). Abs from the GHD's 4 days ago! Hamstrings from squats of course. Biceps and lats from all the pullups yesterday, lower back from DL'ing.

Today; My gym is closed on Mondays, so I traded Friday's rest day with today's workout. I went to my local home center to buy some 10 or 11mm rope to braid it into a climbing rope. My plan is to sling a lighter rope over a tree in the park and hoist it up anytime I need it. I couldn't find cheep and good rope in the rope section, but I did find great hemp rope in the gardening section. It was very cheap: around $15 for 125 meters. I will braid 8 lines into a climbing rope tomorrow.

Log (WFS)
Old 08-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #24
Perry Eubank

Profile:

WOD

T120807

Warmup

5 min jumprope, 10kg clean and jerk for 10 reps, stretching

Workout
Clean and jerk, 3-3-3-3-3

Actual Performance
34.5kg, 37kg, 39.5kg, 42kg, 47kg (fail on 3rd rep)

Notes
This was my first time doing this move. I like it, but it also seems a little dangerous, because of the possibility of failing with the weight over my head. If I bail from under it or fall over backwards, there is heavy weightlifting equipment all around me to crash into. Japanese gyms are not spacious! Oh well, I just can't really push myself too far with the amount of weight used.
Practiced HS balance, and HSPU. Did light swimming.

Clean and jerk: deadlift and shrug, popping bar up to chest, flip elbows under and rest the weight of bar on your shoulders all in one move. dip and drive bar up, dipping again to allow arms to extend. Stand up under the bar. Lower.

Log (WFS)
Old 08-08-2012, 04:21 AM   #25
Perry Eubank

Profile:

WOD

W120808

Warmup

3 min jumprope

Workout
"Filthy 50" (scaled to 35)
For time:

24" (61cm, 4 fingers from top of knee) Box jumps, 35
Jumping pull-ups, 35
10kg (22lb) dumbbell swings, 35
Walking Lunge, 35 steps
Knees to elbows, 35
20kg Push press, 35
Back extensions, 35
10kg Dumbbell thrusters, 35
Burpees, 35
Double unders, 35

Actual Performance
Time: 36:10

Notes
There wasn't anything 24" high to jump on, so I jumped on something about 20" high for 40 reps. Push press: I had to rest about 3 times to finish the set, but it would be good to increase the weight by 2.5kg next time. Dumbbell thrusters: had to stop about 3 times to rest. It was more being winded than it was too much weight. I think I can do 12+kg next time. I haven't practiced double unders, I need to do that. I subbed with 115 single unders.

I finished making my climbing rope yesterday. It's made of 6mm hemp line. Using 12 lines, I divided them up by 4 and braided the 4 sets of 3 lines. Actually my girlfriend did the braiding and I had the task of untangling the tail ends of the lines as she went. You definitely have to have help to accomplish the braiding. When I need it (such as tomorrow) I'll toss a leader line over a tree limb in my local park and hoist it up.

Push press: bar on chest w elbows slightly in front, dip and drive, back to chest

Log (WFS)
Old 08-09-2012, 04:03 AM   #26
Perry Eubank

Profile:

WOD

R120809

Warmup

3 min jumprope, stretching

Workout
For time:

15kg (33lb) Dumbbell Thruster, 30 reps
15 foot Rope climb, 3 ascents
15kg Dumbbell Thruster, 20 reps
15 foot Rope climb, 2 ascents
15kg Dumbbell Thruster, 10 reps
15 foot Rope climb, 1 ascents

Actual Performance
Time: 12:40

Notes
My gym is closed so I took my newly braided rope out to the park and hoisted it up a tree. I also brought 15kg in dumbbells with me. I think I can increase weight to 20kg next time, I think I did 20 straight, little rest, then 10 straight for set 1. I did the WOD at 0600 so as to not attract too much attention. The WOD went well, this was my first time seriously climbing rope, so I had to get the hang of it. I used the method of wrapping it one time around my left leg, then standing on it with my right.

Today my right wrist/ forearm is painful. It feels worst when I mimic the movement I make when I jump rope, so I guess that's where it comes from, but I've been using jumprope for years and never had this problem. Luckily tomorrow's a rest day, so we'll see how it feels before the next WOD.

Making the climbing rope: In Yokohama, Japan there's a home center called Conan (コーナン)which is fantastic. They have an isle of expensive and cheap ropes, but none that were right for me. I went to the gardening center and just my luck, there was a 7mm x 125m spool of hemp line for only 1,380YEN ($17.57). I went back to the rope section and also bought a 9mm x 20m line for 980YEN ($12.48). I then cut the line into 6 pieces, each 20m long. Then I folded each line in half so as to have 12 lines to work with. Then I took 4 sets of 3 lines, braiding them as seen on this Instructable. Actually my girlfriend did it and I just delt with untagling the mess that gets created at the ends of the lines. Definitely do this with a partner. We ended up with a climbing rope longer than 20 feet. The line worked great when I used it for today's WOD. I use the 9mm x 20m line with a weight at the end to throw it over a tree branch in my local park (I went at 0600 so as to not attract too much attention). Then I hoist the hemp line up and secure the leader line to a low tree branch. The only negative is that I think she could of braided it tighter, because when I jumped up and grabbed hold, it stretched out and my feet touched the ground. But, what the hell, no harm in making the WOD a little harder on myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4717.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	9635  

Log (WFS)
Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #27
Perry Eubank

Profile:

WOD

F120810

Rest Day

Notes
Weight: 67.4kg (149lb). 1.7kg↑ Yuki and I went to the park by the Tamagawa river as it was our day off. I Practiced my HS balance off and on for a couple hours. It was my first real attempt to HS with no wall. I still can't balance for more than 3 seconds. But we got some cool pictures out of it. Unfortunately my computer imported the pics, erased my disk, then had an error and lost the photos on my computer. I was ****ed.

Log (WFS)
Old 08-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #28
Perry Eubank

Profile:

WOD

S120811

Warmup

none

Workout
Five rounds for time of:
Knees to elbows, 15
4-count supermans, 15
Handstand balance 15 seconds
15 Box jumps, 24" box

Actual Performance
Time: 23:00

Notes
I think it was 23 minutes, but I accidentally cleared my stopwatch before I got home, so I can't remember. Don't you hate that? Hardest part was the KTE, which I usually stopped after 7 for a break. After this I practiced HS in the park for a few minutes.

Log (WFS)
Old 08-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #29
Perry Eubank

Profile:

WOD

Su120812

Warmup

15 min bike ride

Workout
"Tabata Something Else"

Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Actual Performance
Time: 15:50, just kidding, everyone should finish in 15:50. Cool workout!

Notes
I biked 15 minutes to the Tama river for this one, just for a change of scene. This was a tough one, but cool. After this I did wallless handstand practice for around 30 minutes and one muscle-up on a rugby goal-post. I took a lot of pictures. I got a PR of 4 total seconds doing a HS. I biked up the river for an hour looking for a real set of pullup bars, then down the other side to no avail. What the hell, Japan? No love for the pullups?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120812HS.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	9652  Click image for larger version

Name:	Captured Videos1.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	9654  

Log (WFS)

Last edited by Perry Eubank : 08-12-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:32 AM   #30
Perry Eubank

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Perry's Workout Log

WOD

M120813

Rest Day

Notes
Weight this evening: 65.7kg (145lb) Went to the park to practice HS balance. Did one MU with 5 dips at the top of the bar. Then one jumping MU. I'm wondering if I should just integrate jumping MU's into my daily routine to get better at strict the MU.

Today marks my 1st complete month of CrossFit! \( ^o^ )/
So, how do I feel? I feel motivated to keep upping all my lift numbers, HS balance time, MU numbers, etc. I feel stronger and I have a 6 pack again, the best definition it's had since College. I've figured out some new short term goals:
1. HS balance for 10 seconds before Su120914
2. 2 consecutive muscleups before Su120914
3. Weigh 68.5kg (151lb) before Su120914

Long term weight goal: 86.2kg (190lb) before Su130801
That's 4lb a month for a year to get to the weight I've always wanted to be. I don't want to put on much fat, so perhaps even that much weight per month is too ambitious. But let's see where I am in 2 months and re-assess.

Log (WFS)