CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #11
Pearse Shields

Profile:
Re: muscle up

I agree with Dean- that garage looks like one sweet set up. Nice job on the MU too- you should try and get one strict. It won't take you very long to get.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Nathaniel Hansen

Profile:

Congrats! Keep going and achieve those goals. Just some advice, since you've done a muscle up, set your standard even higher now so you have so motivation to keep going. Best of luck!
Old 11-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Alderman View Post
Well Ive been Crossfiting for a just over 3 months, and today finally got my first muscle up!! I have been trying for about the last 2 weeks and it finally clicked! Im pretty pumped and cant wait to be able to link a few together
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bowers View Post
Congrats and I'm with you, Dean! Got my first MU yesterday morning after months of failed attempts. Finally did some research, learned the proper technique then nailed it - it actually went easy! What's even better is I recorded it, as I was going to post it for technical assistance assuming I'd fail and need help with my technique. That vid went on Youtube and Facebook to all of my peeps with quickness! Especially my wife who enjoyed laughing at me flop all over the rings in my garage for the last few months lol!

There's not a drug in the world that could replicate the feeling of that first muscle-up! Keep up the good work, bro!
Couldn't agree more with everything that's been said, it's taken me about a month to finally turn one over last night. For me it was getting the proper false grip on the rings, it made a huge difference. Once I got that down I didn't even have to kip as much as thought. Quite the feeling!