CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 01-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Jonny Blaylock

Profile:
Help please

(Posted this in another area, but not sure if I should have posted it here instead, so please ignore if you read in the other thread. Otherwise, please help if you can. Thanks.)

I know I remember reading an article somewhere either here on the forum or on the mainsite where the title was something along the lines of "How are the workouts planned" or something, and it explained the formula in terms of like 3 days workout (then broke down which day should be metcon and so on so forth) one day rest, etc etc etc.... basicaly it gave the layout or forumla for if you wanted to organize your own WODs. But I can't find it.

So, anyone who has a link, or who just has that info memorized, that would be awesome.

Basicaly, I have certain equipment, and I don't have certain other equipments, and a lot of the rx'd wods use stuff I don't have, or they don't make use of stuff that I do have and that I would like to use more often, so I want to plan out my own WOD's, using various wods listed on the mainsite that primarily use the equipment that I have, but I want it to fit in line with the Crossfit methodology or formula or whatever. I don't want to do too many days of one type of workout and not enough of some of the other workouts. I want the right number of metcon, the right number of gymnastic stuff, the right number of heavy lifting stuff, so on so forth.

Does that make sense?
Old 01-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
Brian Bedell

Profile:
Re: Help please

It makes sense, but IMO it would be way better to see whatever MP has programmend and than make necessary subs on a day to day basis. If you have a barbell, weights, and a pullup bar you can do a lot.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Jonny Blaylock

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Bedell View Post
It makes sense, but IMO it would be way better to see whatever MP has programmend and than make necessary subs on a day to day basis. If you have a barbell, weights, and a pullup bar you can do a lot.
Okay. First, thanks for taking the time to read and respond.
That being said, I understand your point, but my question remains.

I know that there was, at some point, a formula of sorts posted somewhere either here or on the mainsite, it might even have been in calendar format, if I remember correctly. It basicaly outlined the methodology. Day one: this ype of workout, day 2: that type of workout, day three: this other type of workout, day four: rest. So on so forth.

For instance, I have a good amount of kettlebells, and I love using them, but as long as I've been doing the mainsite Rx'd WODs there have not been all that many WOD's using kettlebells. I'd like to use them at least once a week, maybe twice a week. Same with my heavy med ball. It won't make much sense to try and find a way to sub those into the rx'd WODs. It would make a lot more sense to come up with my own WOD's that incorporate these things I like doing, and have them fit in with the methodology.

I also have a nice dual action bike, an airdyne knockoff, which is extreemly handy but I have not seen a single WOD using that. Same deal with this. I'd like to design a WOD using it.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
Rene Forestier

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Blaylock View Post
(Posted this in another area, but not sure if I should have posted it here instead, so please ignore if you read in the other thread. Otherwise, please help if you can. Thanks.)

I know I remember reading an article somewhere either here on the forum or on the mainsite where the title was something along the lines of "How are the workouts planned" or something, and it explained the formula in terms of like 3 days workout (then broke down which day should be metcon and so on so forth) one day rest, etc etc etc.... basicaly it gave the layout or forumla for if you wanted to organize your own WODs. But I can't find it.

So, anyone who has a link, or who just has that info memorized, that would be awesome.

Basicaly, I have certain equipment, and I don't have certain other equipments, and a lot of the rx'd wods use stuff I don't have, or they don't make use of stuff that I do have and that I would like to use more often, so I want to plan out my own WOD's, using various wods listed on the mainsite that primarily use the equipment that I have, but I want it to fit in line with the Crossfit methodology or formula or whatever. I don't want to do too many days of one type of workout and not enough of some of the other workouts. I want the right number of metcon, the right number of gymnastic stuff, the right number of heavy lifting stuff, so on so forth.

Does that make sense?
Is this the one? (wfs) http://journal.crossfit.com/2003/02/...-for-cross.tpl
Old 01-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Jonny Blaylock

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene Forestier View Post
Yes!!!!

Thanks a million

Crapola! I spent the past half a day looking for that. Finaly took a break from looking just to post this thread asking for help, then continued looking. I could not find it on my own. I am such a bad searcher.

Anyway, thanks!