CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Darren Rushworth

Profile:
Zoot CompressRx Clothing

I've been considering getting some Zoot clothing as I've heard good things about their compression ratings and zone specific compression. Especially for their recovery tights.

I'm mainly looking for assistance with calf soreness after running and leg, chest, shoulders and back soreness after wods.

Does anyone have the recovery clothing and find it beneficial?

Does anyone have the active clothing and find it beneficial?

Does anyone have the recovery long sleeve tops? Do they work as well as the tights?

Would it be best to use only the recovery clothing post wod/run, only the active clothing during the wod/run or both?

Old 08-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Andrew Bell

Profile:
Re: Zoot CompressRx Clothing

There's really 3 schools, those who think it's voodoo, and those who swear by it, and those who wear it but don't think they notice anything from it. Of the companies out there I think Zoot, and BSc would be the ones I would go with if I were to invest any money in them.

I'm sure you'll get a million different thoughts here, or if you search the forums. Let us know what you think if you get some!!
Old 08-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Darren Rushworth

Profile:

I was really just looking for some feedback from people who use Zoot. I didn't want to start a brand comparison or for and against discussion like in the other threads.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Recovery tights so I'm happy to post a review once I've used them for a while.

If I could try this stuff on I wouldn't have a problem. Unfortunately there isn't a stockist in Australia so I'll have to get it shipped in from the US.

So Zoot owners, should I spend the extra money on the Recovery top and/or the Active tights. Or just stick with the Recovery tights only.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
Katrina A. Burton

Profile:

I own the recovery tights... they are amazing and have the highest amount of compression allowed without needing a medical subscription.

Stick with the tights only though. I Tried on the shirt and it took forever to get on and off and made moving alot more restrictive (and hot).

If you've tried on any other brand you will notice the thickness is more than other brands on the markets. You are giving up some breathe-ability for the increased compression... just so you know
Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #5
Jesse Gray

Profile:

I have the recovery and active tops and bottoms as well as the recovery socks. Hands down they are the best compression gear out there but if I had to pick just one, it would be the recovery tights (bottoms). The active line is designed for endurance sports and you will get a pretty good return from them in time domains over an hour or so but for most crossfit WODs they don't do much. My preffered course of action is to wear the recovery during the WOD and after as it reduces muscle soreness a great deal. The Zoot stuff is much better than the BSC line of compression gear btw.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:06 AM   #6
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Holy cow, just went to check them out and maybe but some, $150?!?! That will have to wait. I believe in getting what you pay for, but for that much I think I want to try them on first. I find compression gear VERY uncomfortable and want to make sure I can wear these for a few hours a night after working out.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
Darren Rushworth

Profile:

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've ordered a pair of the recovery tights and should hopefully have them in a week or two.

Jesse - Do you find the recovery top hot and restrictive like Katrina? Or does the increased recovery outweigh the uncomfortable feeling?
Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
Anthony Rudder

Profile:

Hey Darren ,

I know you have ordered yours already but did you try here? WFS

Let us know how they go as I was thinking of a pair as well.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #9
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Decided to take the plunge sooner than I expected cause I signed up for a half marathon in 3 months, should be ordering this week. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #10
Jesse Gray

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Rushworth View Post

Jesse - Do you find the recovery top hot and restrictive like Katrina? Or does the increased recovery outweigh the uncomfortable feeling?
I find all the Zoot compress RX fabric to be pretty temperature neutral. As for mobility, the only time I have issues is if it slides out of position. With the leggings I have to pull them up a bit every once in a while.